Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Date night with Harvey

Tanner and I have wanted to have individual date nights with the kids. We did good at our schedule at the beginning of the year but then life got busy and it didn't stay top priority. Lately I've just been feeling like I really wanted to spend some quality time with Harvey. We DO a lot of stuff, but it's never us one on one. He's playing with friends or we are doing group things or I can't do what he wants because I have to pay attention to the needier small child, etc. So I told him we were going to do one and he could pick what he wanted. It was unfortunately still a couple weeks away but he was so excited for all that time. He picked Red Lobster (don't know why) and roller skating at Classic Fun Center. 

He thought the lobsters were pretty cool. I couldn't convince him to order one off the kids menu. It was SO fun just playing and chatting with him without phone, without distraction. He's SUCH a cool, sweet, fun kid and he's FUN to hang out with. And it's cool how much he lit up just having me all to himself. 



I don't think he's ever roller skated. I don't know why he was so interested in it. It was HILARIOUS. I haven't laughed that much in one night in a long time. He got onto the rink and could NOT stand up. It was hilarious. So then I went and paid another small chunk to get the support thing. It took us forever to get around just once and then he said he was done after one lap. Haha. But he fell sooo much and just laughed and kept getting up and trying. Which unfortunately is not really like him at all. He gets frustrated really easy and if he's not automatically good at something he will quit or give up pretty quickly. I was so proud of him.


Then we played the video games which he loves. He got 100 tickets and he was SOOO excited about that and got to pick out a few prizes. Made his life.




Then we went and played in the bounce houses. Holy crap so much fun. I actually PLAYED with him. I'd chase him up and jump in with him and we did the tramp and chased each other on this other big slide one with a steep ladder/steps thing and we were just laughing and giggling and just thinking about this warms my heart. We had a blast. And I know he did too. I went in the little jungle gym thing too with him once and we played laser tag. It was a fun filled night.








Oh, and I forgot - he wanted to try skating again. So we did it again and we went around like 5 times. He was starting to get the hang of it and I was proud of him for wanting to try again. His skinny tiny little legs and huge skates make me laugh. We finished up with a shake at Burger Stop. Such a special time and it re-inspired me to make a schedule of when we do dates with the kids and make sure we stay on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment