Saturday, November 23, 2019

Thanksgiving





We had a little Thanksgiving party with my family I think it was the 8th. For our second supper get together, since it was everyone's off year. It was weird because I kept feeling like Thanksgiving was already over all month. It was a great party. Everyone came to our house. Ben and Julie brought the thankful pineapple turkey which was really cute and fun. (We actually did it well after dinner, but it's a fun pic to start the post off with).

Dinner turned out amazing. Great contributions by all parties! Tanner's turkey was bomb. So so good.









Heather and Austin stayed the longest and we played some serious around the world ping pong that was SO fun! I always want to play after and it seems everyone always leaves too soon, so I was so happy that we got a good chunk of play time in. I almost broke my foot. Running fast around the table and kicked it so hard into the door frame. Holy macaroni it hurt so bad.



The day before Thanksgiving we had a Stoddard party which turned out SO fun I thought. My dad arranged it because my cousin Jon and his wife were going to be in town. Everyone that could have come came! All of Diane's kids except Jeff came (Danny was in town from out of state too) and Amanda and Debbie and Ben and Julie and us and Laura and Dallin, etc etc. We ate and chatted and laughed and played a lot of volleyball and Lottie LOVED the scooters in the gym. Oh man she was CRUISING around on those ALL night. And she'd push herself and then lift her leg up like she was balancing and it was so cute and funny. It was great seeing everyone and I think everyone had a really good time! So happy my dad made that happen.



























And then on Thanksgiving these cute little kiddos and Tanner went to Clare and Berrie's for dinner. I worked all day and it was pretty lame. But they had fun playing with cousins and it sounds like it was a good day. Nat was nice enough to send a couple cute pics of the day. Work wasn't too bad. Could have been worse but it always surprises me how sad it is to be gone on a holiday and missing out. But I'm grateful for my job. There's sooo many good things that come with it and so I'll deal with the minor unpleasant things. Really just in general there is so much to be grateful for, despite challenges in life and stresses etc. But we have a great life and such wonderful kids and I love our freedom and the ability to get to do all the things we love. And to learn and grow and develop. And of course, and most of all I'm so grateful for my testimony of the Savior and the gospel and the plan of salvation. And so grateful for the reality of all those things too!

No comments:

Post a Comment