Monday, September 10, 2012

Medora...round 2

Before we get to the heart and soul of this blog, and the reason for the title of this particular entry...I just want to say that Tanner and I had a momentous Labor Day.  I worked in the morning so we could have the evening together.  And guess what crazy exciting thing we did!?  Went out to dinner.  At a restaurant.  In Williston.  That was big for us.  We had heard so many bad things about all the restaurants here that it just never seemed like an option.  Tanner had been a couple times to some in town with work people, but we had never done a dinner date.  We went to Don Pedro's and it was actually pretty good.  And I took one photo documenting it (mostly for the blog) but I also think Tanner looks super hot, so you get to view it now...


So now the good stuff.  Many of you may remember how we went to Medora for our anniversary a few months ago.  (woah crazy it's already been a FEW months).  And also how that trip got cut short just shy of the much anticipated golf experience due to Rozzi running away.  Well, we got a voucher for the golfing, and had been talking about how we needed to go back down so Tanner could golf and we could hike more when it was cooler.  So, last weekend ended up being that much awaited time.  Tanner was so excited to golf - and it was later in the season so it was cheaper and they had a cheap play back price too, so he was going to get to golf twice, I was gonna do a big long trail run during his first 18 holes and it was just going to be perfect.  Well, the musical had ended the weekend before so we figured it was going to be a ghost town there, and so we didn't make reservations anywhere.  The first hotel we went to informed us that they, and every other hotel in town was booked.  Turns out there was some big conference down there, and they had extended the musical one more week.  Lame.  So...we committed to a covered wagon something sleep quarters.  Bathroom 50ft away and no electricity and cold.  But better than nothing.  Okay, great...sleeping arrangements...check...let's go golf.  So, we drive to the golf course.  PACKED parking lot.  Turns out there was a big tournament there too.  Tanner went and talked to them and found out he wouldn't be able to golf till 4:30, and it was gonna be with a huge group.  Oh well.  Better than nothing.  Gosh dang we're gonna make the most of being here.  Well, while he was in securing his golf spot, I hopped in the back to change into some running/hiking stuff since we didn't have a real "room".  Ummm...where's our bag!?!?  NOT IN THE CAR, is where it was.  I had told him not to take it out when he was going to so I could put my toothbrush and last minute stuff in it.  So then we were both doing our final bathroom runs and grabbing purses and keys and he thought I grabbed it and I thought he grabbed it.  But NO ONE grabbed it.  So I went in to the golf shop to share the fantastic news.  I just wanted to cry.  It was so unbelievable to me.  We were both SO excited for this weekend and I rarely get a whole weekend off and the weather was perfect and I just wanted T to be able to golf his little heart out and on and on and on.  I went out and sat on a picnic table trying to wrap my mind around what was happening.  And he came out and kinda laughed when he asked if we should just go home.  He was so upbeat and not blaming me for forgetting the bag (it really was my fault), and just like...there's nothing we can do about it so no use in getting mad.  That helped a lot.  He's so dang awesome.  So we bought him a golf shirt from there, went and got lunch and then drove the 2.5hrs back to Williston. Side note: we had previously decided that I would be in charge of odd year anniversary's and he would be in charge of even ones.  I basically failed with our first Christmas and failed at our first anniversary (x2) he gives me some good crap about that.  I just say that there's nowhere else to go but up!

So we came back and were able to squeeze in 18 holes up here.  Tanner just recently bought his very own golf cart and it was delivered Friday night.  So this was its maiden voyage around Eagle Ridge.  I decided I'd let him drive.  It was still a nice day, he played well, and really - the beauty was we still got to hang out together and we pretty much cherish those times seeing that they are few and far between these day. 

 On our way home we had gotten in touch with some friends in our ward to see if they wanted to do anything.  Luckily they did.  So after golf we headed over to the Williston bowling alley - another first time event for us.  It was Tanner and I, Larissa and Brent LaPierre and their 3 kids and Keisha and Kameron Nelson and their 3 kids.  They are awesome.   (This blog is being funky today and is moving things around to weird places when I don't want them to be moved - so below, Larissa is on the left and Keisha is on the right.  I've been running a lot with Larissa and that has been AWESOME!  And her husband Brent is the guy wearing the hat).

 After that we headed over to the LaPierre's for a dutch oven peach cobbler with fresh peaches that I made and yummy dip provided by Larissa.  We hung out there for a bit chatting the night away and when all was said and done, it didn't seem like our weekend was ruined at all.  We're so grateful to have such fun and great friends.  Makes being up here completely doable!  

And the only other excitement that happened this weekend was we got another roommate :)  Simon told his friend how amazing and wonderful Williston is and apparently he had to see for himself.  So he drove up from Virginia and got all moved in Saturday.  His name is Justin.  Seems like a nice kid.  Guess we'll see how it all goes.   We had a good long Monopoly game yesterday.  It's great cause now we can play all the games we couldn't with only 2 people :)  And even better because I won!  If it stays like that I guess we'll keep them both around for a bit...


No comments:

Post a Comment