Thursday, November 27, 2014

Baby Shower

I met a girl at church a few months ago. Super nice. From the Philippines. Her husband is a member. She is Catholic but comes to church just about every week. She has loved Harvey and has always been really friendly to me. She actually works in the clinic here at the hospital too. I found out a bit ago that she was expecting and I really wanted to make sure she had a baby shower because all her family is in the Phillipines and doesn't have any other family of her husband's here. When I asked her about it she was SOOO excited. She kept saying she's never had a baby shower before and on and on about how she couldn't wait and how excited she was for it. She is having a boy in January. She always says she hopes her baby is cute like Harvey :) He will be! 
I roped my friend Nikki into helping because she is a great party planner, she's always game for a good get together and her house is much more conducive to partying than our single wide. 
We kept it pretty simple. Not too many people know Lyn, but we still had a great turn out and it made me so happy that so many people would come support her. They basically have nothing for the baby and we learned at the shower how little she knows about babies. She knows a lot more people. Ow who she'll be able to get some help from. I hope to be able to help as well. Love the little tiny babies. And like I said, she's not going to have ANYONE here to help her with that baby. Her husband gets one week off and that's about it. 
Harvey helped keep Nikki's baby company while we decorated. 

We had pulled pork sandwiches, salad, fruit, crackers and dip and cookies. Nikki made the cutest umbrella cookies ever. 
We only played a couple last minute thrown together games since I'm an amateur party planner and forgot to think of that. We did an alphabet baby name race and a getting to know the mamma game since we all needed that :) The food, socializing and presents were party enough for me. It really was a lot of fun. 
She kept asking a lot of questions about what things were for and how to use the blankets etc etc. Nikki was kind enough to do a swaddling demo. 
I realized that even though she knows nothing really - that's not the most important thing. I read lots of books and had a pretty darn good idea about a lot of things but when baby came, I still felt clueless and like I was flying by the seat of my pants on a daily basis. She is going to be an amazing mom because she's gonna love that baby and I imagine she will do anything for him and will do her absolute best. And that's why I'm a good mom too. So I'm gonna give myself more credit in that department. 
Almost the whole crew - I think we are missing 3. It was so fun doing this because she was just bursting with joy and gratitude and it was just a really happy time. Happy baby Lyn! Can't wait to meet the little guy! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! How fun! I have a feeling I too will be completely clueless when it comes to baby bidness! Haha!

    ReplyDelete