Saturday, August 25, 2018

Lottie is ONE!!!


And just like that, she's one. We knew it was coming for months but it still snuck right up and landed in my face, despite my protests. But every month does keep getting more fun and then I want her to stay at this new age forever. So I'll trust that, just like with Harvey and Greta, I keep loving the new phases of growing up. But it is sad that this is our last baby. Just because there is just something so special and fun and sweet and endearing about babies. I don't want to not have one. That's really what makes me the saddest. She really still is an angel of a baby and so fun. She has learned lots of new things this last month too. She will wave on command - if she's agreeable to it. She will occasionally give kisses. Not super consistent but she will. She's just also got the stubborn Stoddard/Niederhauser combo of double whammy stubborn genes.  She dances to music and will bounce up and down if you ask her to dance. Greta's still been my best dancer but it's fun to see her get into music now.  We are trying some sign language with her. Just basics. She kind of waves her hand around for all done. I think that's what she's doing anyway. She's put her hand to her chest a couple of times for please. But that's about it for now. It's fun. I wish I would have done it with all my kids. She does say some words. Some for awhile but these are the ones she's saying now - dada, mama, ba ba (she says this when I say ball and bottle), papa and bye bye sound similar but she consistently repeats them when they are spoken. Sometimes she says a sound that really sounds like "thank you" and "kuh kuh", but that might be my imagination :) She also is a REALLY good SCREAMER. Holy mackerel. She has the shrillest, highest pitch scream when she's not getting her way. It's kind of funny now, but I have a feeling that personality trait might prove challenging in the coming years. Her and Greta have had some mini fights over things, speaking of screaming. And it is disheartening realizing that as she gets bigger, she will be another individual contributing to fighting :/ Oh well - it's precious when they all get along and love each other. 

So anyway - on to the pictures. She had a pretty yucky sickness at the beginning of the month. I don't think I've ever seen her so sad and miserable. It was heartbreaking. Luckily it only lasted a few days. I think it was just a weird virus. Just had a high fever, no appetite and so so so sad. 






She's still super cute sick, though.



The lighting of this makes it a little hard to appreciate her face. But my goodness. It's precious. 
She's getting pretty good at walking with a walker and LOVES it. We haven't tried much to get her to take steps between us. She'll probably be our latest walker, but I'm okay with that.




AND it's birthday time! We planned a pool party at Surf and Swim, but since school started so crazy early this year, they were already to their winter hours. So we changed it to Farmington's rec pool. The day was just filled with prepping for the party mostly. And a little sidewalk chalk art.
The party was so fun. It was kind of crappy weather before and after so I felt really grateful we were blessed with decently warm and windless weather for swimming. We swam for about and hour and played, then ate, then did cake and then did presents. Some people swam a little bit more. It was really fun. I thought so anyway :) Turned out perfect, and all the stressing for weeks about how to facilitate everything, was all for naught. Usually is.









I didn't get great pictures of everyone. C-nat and Carson and their girls and P-nat and Emery and Clare and Berrie were there. Then Kathryn, Laura and 2 kids, mom and dad, Shirley and Steff and Oakley came. And between several of us taking pictures of cake smash, we got a million. Trust me when I say I probably spent 45 minutes trying to delete and filter through. I included all that I couldn't delete - just because I can and because they are adorable and I love looking at them. She started out pretty timid but then finally got some to her lips and realized it was pretty awesome. She was so cute. 



















I made a peaches and cream cake and then had Cam make some peaches and cream homemade ice cream for us. It all was so so so good. Mmm. 


We almost didn't even buy her gifts. She certainly doesn't need anything. And I did request no gifts, because again, she doesn't need anything and I made everyone pay their own way to get in :/ But she still ended up crawling away with a boat load of goods. Lots of really cute clothes! And really, it's nice - nobody really NEEDS anything more than the basics of what we all have. And it's fun to celebrate life and show love in presence and presents. So, it's all good. She is so loved and we love everyone that came to play with her and us! 








We wore her out!
And then we had to try out some of the new toys!

It ended up being a late night but it was so fun. It was a great day and I can't believe she's one. I love her so much. I feel so blessed to be her mama and have her in our family. I'm lucky to be mama to all 3 cute, healthy, fun, funny, unique, independent, (sometimes challenging), wonderful kids! So much love. My heart is full.

1 comment: