Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas! It was a merry day for sure. I actually had to work 10am-6pm which I thought was going to suck but I was a lot more sad to have to leave the party and be at work all day than I expected. We had plenty of time to do all the present stuff and breakfast and none of it felt rushed, so I basked in the magic of it and it was so fun. My parents came with Kathryn to our house early so they could watch us all do presents.





The pouches have not been as big of a hit as I thought they would. Maybe santa just didn't pick the right flavors. Lame.

He had a sneak peak of this before we all walked in so we didn't really get a good view of his reaction or video. This was the ONE thing he asked for and it wasn't wrapped, so after he got playing with this we had to drag him back into the room to tell him to open another present. Haha.



The only good picture I got of her and her scooter. She wasn't as excited as I thought she'd be about this. But I think once we get her a little more comfortable on it and outside, I'm thinking it will be a bigger hit.




Lottie actually did a little better with opening than I expected and I think Santa's picks for her were actually pretty good. She seemed pretty excited about all (3) of them!


So many blurry pictures. So many excited, moving children!




































Had to keep this one because I love his face.


Walkie talkies from Gram and Pop. They've been a big hit!

Dollie's for the girls with hand sewn outfits from Gram (and Pop)! Greta was so funny looking at all the clothes and just throwing them out behind her.









All the goods. Happy boy :)




Clare and Berrie stopped by for a short hello to start their rounds with kids.




Aebleskivers for breakfast!! Yay!



These videos are my favorite. Man she's so into dancing and is getting some fun moves!
My goods. Some tasty stocking stuffers, some cool water bottles AND tickets to Hugh Jackman! I wasn't that excited about the idea of it when Tanner mentioned it before Christmas (apparently he already had the tickets, oops). But I've watched some stuff about what the show is and I think it's going to be so so awesome. I'm so excited! And the snowmobile toy signifies us riding snowmobiles in YELLOWSTONE! We get to go up to West Yellowstone for 3 nights and ride one day in the park and one day on fancy powerful machines all around West Yellowstone. Holy smokes. What dreams are made of. Literally. Because I have always wanted to do this and we've talked about it a bunch as well. Can not wait. February 11-14!

Tanner's goods. He had a blast putting his lego's together. I also printed and framed a cute picture of us from a fun date. Golf cart heater because he got a cart enclosure from KSL and now has a heater to keep warm on any cooler days and down in Mesquite for his tournament in few weeks. A beard clipping catcher that hooks to the mirror, a wallet, and lessons to learn to curl, which he has always wanted to do.

Family gifts. Those Who's Your Hero books are AWESOME. Great pictures, great story telling of Book of Mormon people and good application to life for kids. My kids love them. I love them. They unfortunately do not share the same love of Muppet's Christmas Carol that I have. Holy cow that movie is funny. Tanner tried watching it with them on Christmas and they weren't having it. I guess when it came out  we didn't have fancy computer animated movies to compare it to. I need to watch it though - it's one of my favorite Christmas movies!




We had a few random people bring in treats for the poor people that had to work Christmas. Look how fancy these chocolates are! Most of them were really good. I may have eaten all the good ones throughout the day. And some almonds. Yum. Overall, it was a great shift, but I hated being there on Christmas, knowing my family was home without me. Luckily they were distracted by lots of fun stuff to care too much that I wasn't there. But it didn't feel like Christmas anymore and I felt cheated. But, I guess it comes with the territory and I'll do my time, because there are a lot of perks about working in the ER and if I had to work a regular 9-5 through the week job, I'd miss out on WAY more stuff through the year than what I do now. We had lots of fun doing fun family things all month and had a great morning. And of course, tried hard to focus on the true meaning of it all and all the blessings we have. So grateful for our Savior. Best gift ever :)


No comments:

Post a Comment