Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween

We maybe carved pumpkins a little early because they were pretty rotted out well before Halloween. Oh well. It was a fun night!





I thought they turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.
Some fun Halloween crafts from the kids. We got the mummies and the pumpkin plate thing from the library and Harvey did the cute candy corn at school.
Annual Stoddard Halloween party was a huge success. I can't say it enough but my parents are so cool. They planned a big carnival outside for kids and us and it was so fun. Prizes, money in the balloons, etc etc. We all had a blast. And fortunately the weather was perfectly cooperative. First we did homemade pizzas which were delicious!!











And now for the randomly mixed carnival pictures. 































We had a REALLY hard time hitting the last few balloons. We stood back further and it took MANY rounds and attempts. Kind of pathetic but also super fun and funny.
And my mom had a cute craft for the kids too. Total win all around. 


I was supposed to work halloween night but the evening before a kid asked me for a switch. It was a bummer because I couldn't go to Harvey's final track meet but worked out good because I got off in time for dinner and got to go trick or treating with the kids. Which I just absolutely love. 



It was SUCH a perfect night. Like all manner of happiness. The weather was soo good. The kids were being so good and fun and cute and just loving it. We wandered a little around our neighborhood and then drove up to Heather's. 





Oh but first...a stop at the bishop's house. He goes all out and the kids were pretty intrigued by his costume. Harvey battled him with his diamond minecraft sword. 

And now Heather's. They decorated their house so cool. The porch was awesome. And she gave the kids soda's and king sized candy bars. 

And I got the BEST trick or treat ever. Homemade biscoff macaron's. Holy!!! She is amazing. 
Then we headed back and wandered to a handful of other houses by Clare and Berrie's and the kids made out like bandits. Lots more people just had candy bowls on their porches but the kids didn't care about that. There were still a lot of people out and that was happy. We had such a good time!


Then we let the kids stay up late and watched a Halloween movie. I think we started the new Witches movie that they did this year. I remember watching that a bunch as a kid. It was a bit scary for the kids and they didn't finish the whole thing but regardless...all in all it was a REALLY good Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment