Thursday, December 31, 2020

Misc December

We usually get our ornaments as part of the advent but we went early over the Black Friday weekend. Ornaments weren't on sale but nutcrackers were and we got ourselves a good Swiss addition we are both pretty excited about. The picks for ornaments are from left to right - me, Harvey, Tanner, Greta and little Lottie ladybug :)

These crazies like to still play at the park during Lottie's dance. 

I don't even know what these girls are doing but they each took each others pictures holding some of the advent stuff. 











This picture kills me. So much awesomeness going on. 



My fancy breakfast surprise for Tanner. I worked the night before and he had been going into work at like 5 so there was no chance of me getting up. So I got him some tasty cinnamon rolls from Great Harvest and left them out for a fun morning surprise. 
Then we checked Harvey out from school early and drove up to visit him at work and eat lunch with him. The kids thought his warehouse was pretty cool and his coworkers were all really nice and Aaron was kind enough to let Harvey chat him up about Pokemon. 
Greta had her preschool Christmas program via zoom. Lottie and I were driving home after a fun breakfast with Steff and so we pulled over and watched it. It was all of about 6 minutes but she knew all the words and sang so great and was adorable and super excited to see us watching her!

We watched cousin Otto for about a week while Mason and Carrie's family was in Mexico. Doggy wrestle party basically the ENTIRE week. So funny. Bogey seemed pretty sad after he left. 

1st Covid Vaccine!! (And just for completeness - I got my second dose a few weeks after and felt pretty crappy for about 24 hours. Headache, chills, achey and just tired, except couldn't sleep that night...which sounds pretty common. Most of the docs and everyone else I talked to started feeling sick about 12+ hours after the vaccine and had a varying severity of similar stuff. Anyway - hope it works!)
So many random Greta girl pictures. Always just wants me to take her picture.

A few days after my birthday we got our second annual "my birthday cross country ski trip in". We were worried that it wouldn't be very good cause we've hardly had any snow. But it turned out to be BEAUTIFUL! And sooo fun. And we skiied forever. Just talking and catching up. It was heavenly. 



Some of the art that Greta has made for me that gets wall time :)


Harvey keeps sleeping in the girls room. And there is an endless possibility of options for sleeping positions found at various times a night. So funny. 




After St. George we stopped at my parents to eat and play games and hang out for New Years Eve. Greta's in the zone getting her back tickled and massaged. She's so funny. 


We stayed up till midnight. My kids wanted to stay up to bang pots and pans but they fell asleep halfway through a late night movie and COULD not be awoken. It was so funny. I was shaking and tickling and yelling and poking Greta and she was DEAD to the world. So we all ran out and yelled and it was fun and funny and that was it. Goodbye 2020. Then my dad and I stayed up till like 3am having good, deep gospel discussion. I love that. We slept over and had breakfast and hung out for a bit and then headed home to covid recovering dad :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment