Sunday, February 28, 2021

Greta's Birthday

Lots of fun celebrating with this one this year. She got to bring some pictures of her and share some treats with her little preschool class on Friday. (She kept asking about when her actual birthday was - since everything was scattered throughout the weekend. She was arguing with Lottie about when it was - Lottie thought it was Saturday cause of her party but she was saying it was Sunday...I told her ACTUALLY you don't have an actual birthday this year. She did NOT like that. The concept of Leap Year is quite complicated. So for this year - her ACTUAL birthday was Sunday). 




She requested a cotton candy cake. It looks super promising here.  (Also had a cool experience with the cake. Seems silly but I know it was another answered prayer. It was a busy week with house stuff. Trying to get ready for open house and her birthday. I had ordered some cotton candy flavoring but when it came it was too small. Didn't realize that. And then I took awhile to order another larger size cause I was trying to decide on her birthday gifts and stuff. So I finally did and the stuff was supposed to arrive Thursday. Which I felt like that was okay - I could get cake made then and then decorate Friday, etc. Well then Amazon said it was going to arrive Friday by end of day. AAAHH! I was so afraid I was going to have to stay up after work to make it all cause there was no way I could get it done in the morning. So I got as much stuff cleaned and ready as I could. I kept forgetting to say my morning prayers and just kept thinking I really need to ask for a little help that this comes in time for me to get it done before work. I had all the ingredients out and coming to room temperature in high hopes of it making it. You never know - sometimes by end of day stuff is there first thing in the morning. Anyway, I finally said a prayer around noon ish or later - we left at about 12:40 to go get the boys, and when we got home 40 minutes later it was on the front porch. Coincidence??? I think not! I immediately got to work and literally finished it with dish clean up and everything JUST in time to get ready for work and head out. God is amazing. And he even cares about a cake. And a birthday girl. And me. 
More of a fail here. I got the blue WAY too dark and I don't like how not smooth the edges are. And I still have lots of work to do with the drip and getting it to the right consistency. But there's definitely improvement. 

Inspo...
We had a little party with her friends on Saturday morning. We were having an open house so we didn't have it at our house, which this would have been the way to do it regardless. Much more space to run around and play. They all got to paint little wooden magnets for a craft. Lottie, Rosalie (from preschool), Greta, Savannah (in our ward and in her preschool class), Clara, Logan, Eliza (in her dance class and used to be in our ward), Avery (preschool) and Lucy!






We played a bunch of games. "Pacman" or line tag. Musical chairs - MUCH more difficult than I expected for them to figure out and a lot of poor losers when they didn't get the chair. Haha. We also tried hot potato. Again the rules were lost in translation and also some duck duck goose. 

Then pizza and cake! Yay!

It tasted really good actually!


Presents! Such cute girls and she was so excited about everything!




She requested french toast for breakfast. And she got whip cream and sprinkles on it :)

She isn't as much of a spaz as Harvey, haha. She was willing to wait till family party that night at my parents. We had spaghetti and meatballs, per her request. 
She definitely was ready for this moment...

SOOO excited about the art easel. She loves doing art! (I've been horrible and haven't let her get out the paint part of it yet. Oops. Don't really want paint on floor or carpet while we are trying to sell the house)



Grammy and pop got her an easy bake oven! She was way excited about this too!








Trying out the easy bake oven...



Not a total success. Haha. But the girls still ate them out of the pan! And they tasted good. We'll work out the kinks!



And the next weekend she got her turn for the BIRTHDAY SLEEPOVER! Chick Fil A, brownies, pedicure, movie. (a win already!)





French Toast and barbies! Already a great start to the day!


She picked Kangaroo Zoo too and wore them out :)
















My parents are awesome. She had a blast! And she is a blast. We love her so much! 98% sweet with 2% I like to do stuff cause I know it's bugging someone. But so happy and fun and loves life and hiking and art and princesses and dance and makeup and all the good things. Happy birthday, leapling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment