Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Moving part 2

There might be several episodes of this saga. So exciting...not! Unfortunately we might not get to stay in the current rental as long as it will take to build the house. So stay tuned...


I had a couple other pictures that I didn't post on the first moving part. My sister was kind enough to store our piano for us. I should post the picture of it in her living room. It looks amazing there and she's getting rather attached but she doesn't get to keep it!
A week or so before we finally moved the girls helped me with me make and deliver some cookies to our favorites around the neighborhood. Well, Harvey took a few and then Greta was my bigger helper ;) We really did have stellar neighbors. The best of the best. We are going to miss them so much!

Last picture of us at home. Harvey was mad he wasn't holding Bogey. 



And now the pictures of the new place. I should have cleaned better. It is MUCH bigger than I was expecting. 3 bedroom's and 2 baths with a decently sized kitchen and living area. It feels really comfortable. We started moving a few things over and cleaning Friday the 19th of March and then officially moved in the 22nd. That was our first night sleeping there. It was a big day of moving things. Laura came and helped with unloading things and helping with kids. Tanner came home early because I basically broke my hand when it got crushed between trailer and hitch while I was trying to load it. It's still super sore (a month later). That was super helpful so we were able to get it all done. Tuesday I got everything cleaned and put away. And then it has been a glorious relief to have weeks of not packing, moving, cleaning, fixing, carrying, unloading, etc. Ugh. That was SUCH a lot of work - the last 3 months. SOOOOOO happy to have survived that!












We closed officially on our house on Monday the 29th. (And then we closed officially on the lot on Wednesday, April 7th...so the ball is officially ROLLING!) Many updates to come, I'm sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment