Sunday, May 30, 2021

Chicago and Indy

Covid ruined the streak of going to the Indy 500. Tanner wanted to take Harvey this time. Payne and Ivy and Mason and Clare and Berrie were all going too. They ended up flying out a day early so they could have a day together in Chicago, Tanner's favorite city. I must say I was rather impressed that Tanner did such a good job taking pictures and sending them to me! Harvey was ECSTATIC when Tanner woke him up early the morning of to tell him they were going on a trip. Per Tanner, he had SO much fun and was a complete STUD with all the walking around the city they did! An awesome travel buddy. They had such a great time together. I was only partially jealous ;)






Harvey's new favorite pizza! He said "this is 5% less than breakfast cake, but that tells you how good it is!" "This is so dang good!"

Hancock Tower



Field Museum...he thought it was pretty cool! They had the biggest, most complete T-rex skeleton in the world, apparently.





Her name is Sue 





Everyone else met up with them the next day and instead of going to Indy, they spent another day in Chicago and did some more stuff. They got rained on pretty hard. Harvey had told Tanner - "Dad, I love Chicago more than you do. I want to live here. It has the bean, tilt, sue, this SHAKE!" 







The Saturday night before the race, they went to a smaller, dirt track race which was pretty cool, per everyone :) 




Harvey LOVED it! As the cars started, Tanner said Harvey pounded his chest and yelled "Dad! I can feel it!!!" Made Tanner's car loving heart happier than 10 happy things! He also said during the race - "Dad, can we come to this race every year!?!? I love this!!!!" He did fall asleep for some of the middle laps. Lot of walking and late nights and early mornings. It was a perfect time for a cat nap and he woke up in time for all the excitement at the end!





Oh - and a trip out there isn't complete without a visit to the Albanese factory and multiple large pound bags of gummy bears and etc!


While they were gone we tried to have some fun too. I took the girls to Coconut Cove, which they seemed to enjoy :) 







We had to spend most of the weekend at my parents because I couldn't get out of my work shifts all that weekend. So we played during the day and my parents watched the girls at night. So grateful for them and always being willing to help us out!




Saturday morning we made a trip to the zoo. It was pretty crowded but it was still a lot of fun!














And my mom is the absolute best. Grinding away all the nastiness from my feet and probably inhaling foot powder. Haha. She's a saint. 

A good weekend all in all for everyone. The girls felt bad for Harvey that he didn't get to sleepover at Grammy and Pop's, so it worked out perfectly. Everyone was happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment