Thursday, March 24, 2022

Moving

I'm rather behind on my blogging so this is coming after we've already been moved in for a little bit. These pictures feel like they were a lifetime ago. It's so weird. Their last days of school ended up being the 24th and 25th of February. Pretty sad actually. 
Greta just loves her teacher, Ms. Gilbert, with all her heart and soul. She was the absolute best. Greta got to do her birthday treats her last day as well so it was fun to go hang out there for a little bit. 




Harvey's teacher, Ms. Tourigney, and his whole class were so sweet too. Everyone was giving him hugs and high fives. Even walking down the hall. A lot of different staff and teachers were saying goodbye and how they were going to miss him. He even said walking on the way out how weird it was and how he wasn't expecting to feel so sad. He didn't cry, but I could tell he was feeling it. 


First day of school for Miss Lottie. She is going to Wee Wonder's preschool with a gal named Megan, that is in our ward and lives around the corner from us. Which is great. Tanner and I both went to drop her off. She was super nervous too but got distracted by some fun art stuff. 

Greta's teacher, Mrs. Jennings, is also in our ward and neighborhood and is just amazing. Her first day was on her birthday, which she wasn't super excited about but she got to do two treat days in two different schools. She said her first day was great and she's really been going great and loving it. I'm so sad - Harvey's teacher, Mrs. Blaisdell, was sick on the first day. It was terrible. I walked him in and they showed us where to go - but all the kids go outside first and then line up and come in. He was SO nervous. He didn't want me to leave him at the playground not knowing anyone and just by himself. It was really hard for me too, but when he came out after, he was bubbling and talking about all the friends he made and what a good day it was. So for the most part - they all have been doing great and making good friends. Harvey's had a few tough things with "friends" being mean or making fun of him because he's not good at foursquare. So hard. Sending kids off into the world and just hoping they do okay. They are resilient, happy and super friendly kids so I'm so so so grateful it's been going so well so far. Hoping for lifelong friendships and happy memories and good growth :)
Those last few weeks before moving in were just as if not more stressful than all the other ones leading up to it. Just having to come up to the house so much - (I guess I was driving kids up anyway for school). We actually moved out of the apartment that last weekend of February and ended up staying with Clare and Berrie for 2 weeks. We had to be out then and our house shockingly still wasn't quite ready for us. Oh my heck. Moving is SUCH A PAIN. I never ever ever want to do it again. We packed up stuff in boxes and unboxed things and carried boxes and totes up and down stairs WAY more than we should of with this move. It was horrible and exhausting and some excitement haha. But not looking back it doesn't feel so bad. It's SOOO nice being in and mostly settled. Lots of just random pictures of the process. We ended up closing on March 10th and our big moving day was March 12th. 



Moving day was the absolute worst. I shouldn't say that much about it but it's a memory I guess. It was just OVERWHELMING times a million. So. Much. Stuff. I dropped something heavy in the sink and chinked a tiny piece out of it. The fridge door got scratched. One of the furniture pieces Clare and Berrie gave us got broken in the move. The kids little kitchen got broken in storage. Just so many things that were just adding to an already built up pile of stress and anxiety. I wasn't a pleasant person and I seriously hated the whole thing. I felt like I just wanted to go back to the Layton house and be done with it. BUT - we got moved. We had great help from Tanner's brother and nephew and my parents and Heather and Shane and Austin. And then it was a few week process after to get through stuff in the garage and get things inside put together. We aren't 100% unpacked but it's pretty darn good. I have some totes to go through in the basement. Books and holiday decor etc. And we still have some organizing in the garage. But we are settled and it's glorious. And I'm glad we did it. We are supposed to be here. I feel sure of that. 

(Oh - and our first real dinner in the house - Tanner was so happy to have his Traeger back! Me too!)






I just worked my tail off from morning until I had to do something else and almost every day wouldn't eat breakfast and wouldn't think about food until I couldn't not. This was one of my special meals. Whatever food storage I had already unpacked and could find. It was so exhausting. Box after box after box and carrying and organizing and putting away. Ugh. Just thinking about it again makes me kind of want to die. 


They weren't done with everything when we moved in so there was still a lot of traffic in and out. Mostly painters. The first stain I picked ended up being a little too red so we did the second coat a little browner/darker color and it looks awesome. Love it. 


We ended up getting rid of the end table and coffee table. Love that round one but there were too many conflicting wood colors. Right now we have a console table behind the couch with record player and plant on it and couches scooted in a little more and I love it. I think ultimately I'd like just some little ottomans for the chairs instead of a different coffee table, but we'll see. 







RELAXING! Oh glorious. Family movie on the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment