Saturday, May 21, 2022

Dance Recital



This is kind of a sad one for me to post. Lottie has struggled going to dance. She always would whine about going to class. She kept going because ALL she wanted to do was do her "stage dance". She was so excited about it. Freak. I'm feeling sick and so sad just remembering all this. Anyway - she knew it so good and was so excited. We went to her dress rehearsal and she KILLED it. Amazing. And I'm SOOO mad at myself I didn't record her doing it there. Didn't think it was going to be a problem. Well, the next day, she woke up saying she wasn't feeling good and was super whiney and just not herself. We dropped Harvey off at a birthday party on our way down and not 10 minutes after leaving that house, she puked in the car. We kept going, because Greta was doing fine. She said she was maybe feeling a little better so I left her with Greta, super sad and crying but she said she wanted to try and do it. I feel so dang bad about it now. Greta said she was so sad the whole time. 




I'll digress for a second because Greta was up first and she did AMAZING. She knew her dance so good and was so beautiful and fun and happy and I was so proud of her.  I will also digress saying that at the beginning of the show, they did a little video for one of the dancers that was in our ward while we were renting in Kaysville that died last summer in an ATV accident. So we were all basically a mess from the beginning. So then Greta did awesome and I loved it. 




And then it was Lottie's turn. She ran out to go to her spot but some girl took her spot and then she didn't know where to go. So you can see her crying in the back there. I'm dying looking at this. It is so dumb but it is also so heartbreaking to me. I don't know if she would have found a new spot if she felt better or if that girl didn't take her spot, if she would have done better. But she had run out so cute and ready to go until that happened and I want to punch that girl. Ha. Just kidding but I was bawling through this. Luckily her teacher came out and helped her but it was just so freaking sad and I felt so bad for her. 




Then at the end they all came out together and you can see Greta with a sweet arm around her and Lottie is just still so sad. So heart wrenching. Gosh dang it. 



They did another dance for the other owner of the dance company, Cami who had a stroke and almost died last year when she was delivering her 4th baby. So then it was all sorts of emotional again about that and everything. 

It was an amazing show and Emily and everyone did such a great job with costumes and planning and it was so cute. I just cried the whole time. And was such a mess after. Lottie doesn't seem affected by it. Like traumatized that she didn't dance or it didn't go perfect. That's all me - I am definitely traumatized. I'm grateful she just let it roll of her back and doesn't seem to care. 
Greta loves dance so much and I love seeing her learn and love it and perform when she was so nervous when she first started. Love the growth she has had. And I'm so sad that we probably won't be able to dance with them next year. A little too far and inconvenient with the times and when our district has their school times and early days. Ugh. They are just the best. 







No comments:

Post a Comment