Monday, May 9, 2022

Girls weekend

After many years of trying to make something happen as a sisters trip, we finally set up this weekend. Unfortunately Kathryn couldn't come back in town and Julie couldn't either. But it was SO DANG FUN! Man we had such a great time. We met at City Creek Center and ate lunch and shopped around a little bit. 


We had gotten tickets to the Leonardo - they were doing a little Van Gogh exhibit. It was actually quite cool. It was like a movie but there were screens all over and we sat on little bean bags and they had an actor reading from letters they have from him to his brother to kind of give insight into his life. And then on all the screens were his art that they put up and it had some motion and stuff to it as well and to cool music. It really was super awesome. I don't know if it was $30 awesome, but it was fun and different and cool and I realized I just know hardly anything about him. He has some really cool stuff though!

















Then back to the hotel. We got my mom this basket of fun for Mother's Day. She opened that and then gave us gifts, which was so nice. We got to face time Kathryn for a little bit too which was fun. 


She gave us matching pjs, a towel wrap thing for your head, some face, hand and feet mask things and corn husker lotion! That is the lotion my Grandma Wilding used all the time and it's smell will always and forever remind me of her and take me back to her house!
Photo shoot :)


When our lunch digested properly, we walked over to Arempas - they were all nice enough to let me pick the place. It's a delicious Venezuelan place and it didn't disappoint. 






We got some classic, amazing shots here too. So funny.
These toquenos that were filled with cheese and guava. Heather luffed them. And my mom in the background also approved. 






Then a nice soak in the hot tub. Felt delightful. And fun just chatting and chatting. 


We had games and tons of snacks back at the hotel but we were all too stuffed and tired to really tackle that. So we had some fun taking more pictures, of course, did some back tickle exchanges, dreamy, and then went to sleep.



Laura kills me in this one...





We had a dreamy sleep in with nice black dark curtains. We got up and got ready and went to breakfast at Oasis Cafe. DELICIOUS! We were going to walk around Red Butte, but it was a little chilly and I actually wanted to go back to Gap to look for clothes for our extended Niederhauser family pictures. So they all humored me while I shopped for me and the kids :) 

 
Finished our fun off with pedicures - for me, it was MUCH needed. Yikes. My feet were bad. So fun and so dreamy. Forget how nice they are!



Sure love my family so much and it was so great to be able to just hang out and relax and BE together. Can't wait for the next one! This IS becoming a tradition! And hopefully everyone can make it next time! Laura and Kathryn will be out of state so maybe it's gonna have to be even more of a destination party :) But it really doesn't matter where...we are a party wherever we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment