Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Christmas

Stoddard family Christmas party happened on December 18th. We had some conflicts with our usual Saturday morning before Christmas so we had breakfast for dinner on Sunday. It was so much fun. We threw in the December birthday party as well. It was Kathryn and Nick's turn to plan the service project. With Nick's marine stuff, he was in charge of the Toys for Tots in that area, so we all ended up donating to his little community thing. It was nice to do but I wish we could have participated in it more as a group or had a little more connection to the project and have the kids more involved, but it was a good cause and that's I guess the best we can do when we have out of staters. 









I don't know who ended up with the pics of the kids all doing the marshmallow toss, but it was funny and Heather and I had a fun time trying it too. 
Oh this cake. So good. I want it all right now. 

Christmas eve! Trying to get some photo cooperation...
This one turned out awesome. 
We did our lego tradition and put them together and it was a lot of fun. We have too many legos and the kids just destroy and tear apart everything anyway so I don't know how much longer this tradition will live on, but it is quite fun. I almost rained on it this year but I'm glad we didn't. 





Christmas magic. 
My parents came to our house after skiing - well they went and had dinner with Heather and Shane and Austin and then came back and slept over. I loved so much having them over and I think they had fun watching kids open presents. It really is one of the happiest feelings - Christmas morning and cute happy kids. Lottie was so excited about the stockings - she exclaimed at one point with so much emotion and adorableness - "I LOVE SANTA!". (I think she decided she didn't love him so much later when Greta got an echo dot thing (an alexa music speaker thing) and she did not. Oops. 













We let the kids have a switch this year. Harvey was most excited about that! My cousin gave it to us and then I just bought a couple extra controllers and a few games. 

Kids also got their own minky blankets and North Face bags and Tanner got us all 'apres ski' slippers. SO cool. And we gave them tickets to Little Mermaid and a hotel stay at Little America.



Cornhole and croquet were from my parents. I got him the golf shoes. 



There was many hours played on Christmas and the giggling and the getting a long and laughter etc was glorious - it also made for fun, uninterrupted game time for adults. 


Theee most delicious prime rib dinner. Everything turned out so dang delicious. Clare and Berrie ate with us too and it was just the best day ever.

We ended up having the Niederhauser Christmas party the day after Christmas and it worked out great. It was so fun. The kids LOVE the song game we do. I tied with Major this year as the winner. That has never happened!





Mimi and Papa gave the kids a book about resilience. It is pretty cute. They all got a copy. Hopefully the learn the meaning of it! 



We also did ornaments and I got number one. Got to pick first and that also has never happened. It was my night I guess. 
We gave them the nutcracker and Carrie made a photo book from Mexico. 


LCR. Guess who won....!?!?!?



Winner winner winner. When she found out all those dollars were hers - oh man the smile - I think I captured the pure, deep joy pretty good. It was so great!


And just like that, Christmas is over. Also bittersweet. It was a great month and I'm so happy and feel so much love and gratitude for all that Christmas is. The Savior, family, service, goodness and light. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment