Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day

So Harvey started at a new babysitters this last week. Tanner and I are both really liking her so far. She sends pictures to me and is home all day and he gets lots of love and attention it seems. (Downside is he's already sick...makes him stronger, right??) Anyway, Saturday Tanner found a folder in the diaper bag that had this in it. 
I was wondering why he had blue on his feet Friday night! But I thought it was really cute and made me happy she does things with the kids (not that Harvey cares at this age anyway). But it's still nice. 
ANYWAY...that's just a side story. I really wanted to just take a quick minute...a few days late to share my feelings about fathers :)

I have an awesome dad. He's been my hero my whole life. He is a basically a perfect example of patience and long suffering. I look up to him for just about everything. Advice, counsel, problem solving, etc. I don't think there's anything he doesn't know, can't fix or can't do. He got me into running and scuba diving and triathlons, etc and has helped in so many other ways to shape who I am. I love him for that. I've definitely put him through a few ringers but I've never not felt loved by him! He is fun, funny, smart, capable, unselfish and so giving of any and all parts of himself. He is a spiritual giant and I envy his testimony and faith. He inspires me to be better and try harder and to never give up, and never surrender 😊 He would do anything for anyone at any time no matter how busy he is himself. He's bailed me out of a lot of predicaments. Anytime I call with a problem he spends so much of his own precious time to try and investigate and solve my issues. I know everyone has the "best dad ever" but he has been the best and most perfect dad for ME. I can't really adequate express my feelings and gratitude about being his daughter :)

Number 2: I was blessed with an amazing father in law!! Clare has always made me feel like part of the family from the beginning. He is so nice and I have always felt so comfortable around him. He has a great sense of humor. I love the relationship he has with his boys and I love how much he loves his grandkids. He is incredibly talented with his hands and I admire his passion for cars. I also like and appreciate his sweet tooth! I can always count on him to get in on some dessert with me :) I don't think I could have married into a better family. 

And speaking of marriage...last the best of all the game! The newest father in my life. I have a hard time writing stuff like this because I have so many feelings and thoughts that I can't even begin to cover it all. That's how I feel about Tanner. He often asks what I would do without him and it's a darn good question. He keeps my crazy in check. He takes care of me when my street smarts fall short. He's got mad street smarts. And brain smarts for that matter. He's incredibly unselfish and loves giving to people that aren't as fortunate. He's a great example to me. He makes me laugh every day and never ever makes me question how he feels about me or my ability to trust him. I love his passion for golf and baseball. There are so many wonderful things; this is only barely scratching the surface. And I didn't think it would be possible to love him more, but seeing him be a dad has exponentially increased my love and appreciation for him. He has spent a lot of evenings home alone with an often fussy baby since I've gone back to work and he still loves the kid and looks forward to more time with him. He changes LOTS of poopy diapers and has sacrificed lots of golf in the meantime. He is already exceeding all my hopes and expectations of a father.  I can't wait till he gets to teach Harvey about golf and baseball and fishing, etc. I'm grateful I have someone so much like me and yet so different in all the best ways to help raise our kid(s). I don't think Harvey or I could be luckier to have such an awesome person in our lives. 


1 comment:

  1. You do have such a wonderful father. I look up to him so much too! And your sweet husband! I prayed lots of times for you to find each other. So glad you did and so glad he's perfect for you! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete