Thursday, May 5, 2016

Tulip Festival

My mom had a few free passes to the tulip festival this year and we were going to go with my dad. But he was in Germany for awhile and we were afraid the passes would go unused and the festival unvisited, both of which would be a tragedy. So we made a girls trip out of it! My mom and Aunt Shirley and Kathryn and Laura and Logan and myself and the two munchkins went down Tuesday morning. I had never been to the gardens, let alone the tulip festival. Holy moly. It did NOT disappoint. It was incredible. The weather was perfect. There were SO many flowers. I never knew there were so many varieties and colors of tulips. And the way they had them planted and arranged was breathtaking. The garden's themselves were pretty spectacular. I'd like to go back any other time. And I'm taking Tanner there next year for sure!
Greta slept most of the time and Harvey did good for the most part. We got a flat tire on the stroller which was unfortunate but it all worked out just fine. Then we ate at Mo Bettah's for lunch. A perfect morning, really. Here's some of the photo's :)






Harvey took this one :)
The secret garden entrance



He tried climbing in soon after this - one foot got soaked





Love that face!
 




Probably one of my favorite tulip varieties
Just being it's own kind of beautiful

Harv walked up to this little pot of plants and said, "Ohhhh, tuuute!" (cute) and pointed to it like that and kind of bent over while saying it. It was awesome.

3 comments: