Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Anniversary


We debated for a  few months what we were going to do for our anniversary - we had family to help with kids so we were excited about the opportunity for one last overnight getaway before new baby came. We ended up deciding on a more frugal option and a staycation in Salt Lake. I had thoughts of camping and hiking but really - the little walking we did with me plenty pregnant was enough and the weekend turned out to be perfection in every way! We jam packed it with lots of fun things. It was so awesome hanging out sans kids for a couple of days.

We started our day going to Red Butte, which is where we were married 6 YEARS ago! We hadn't been back since then and it was a gorgeous day. I forgot how incredible the gardens are and they had done a few new things - or at least things I don't remember seeing last time. We wandered around and -"reenacted" photos from the wedding and reminisced on that glorious day :) I shouldn't make it sound cheesy - that day was perfect and it was really quite special being there again.

Where we stood for our reception

Where we stood when we were married










We then went to lunch at Porcupine Grill. Then naps at the hotel - we stayed at The Little America. Then we wandered City Creek and I ended up getting a new laptop. Oh. My. Gosh. It was so needed. I have been looking at them for years thinking I needed a new one and we finally pulled the trigger and it is a dream come true. It has made blogging and picture organizing SOOO much easier and better. My old laptop was from grad school - purchased at the end of 2009. So - I'm pretty sure at 8 years old it was ready to be replaced. It took forever though and Tanner was so patient! We then had dinner at a sushi place downtown (next to Melting Pot and I can't even remember the name of it). IT was DELICIOUS. Then we tried Uber for the first time and they took us to Hatch Family Chocolates in the Avenues. Um - that place was amazing too. Chocolate covered raspberries, blueberries and strawberries and a scoop of ice cream was the perfect end to a perfect day of food. Haha.

(this is out of place but it's hard to move these pics around - but this was funny because we couldn't find the fridge in the room and thought we didn't have one so tanner filled up the sink with ice to keep his coke's cold. Then the next morning we both noticed the fridge right below the sink. Haha)
Anyway, after dessert we went to the Clark Planetarium and saw a laser show - Led Zeppelin. I hadn't been to one for forever and it was quite enjoyable. I really liked when they did the lights etc so that it felt like you were moving - I was a tiny bit disappointed they didn't do more of that or make it last longer. Pretty crazy feeling, though!
The next morning we drove up to Ruth's Diner. Man that place is amazing. Never disappoints. After that we drove up to Park City and wandered through the outlets. Then headed over to the Olympic Park. We wandered through the free ski museum and then watched the Flying Aces. It was super rad to watch but we were in the blazing sun and neither of us had sunscreen or hats and it was HOT!

Tanner had been wanting to try tubing down one of the ski jumps. He'd been talking about it forever so he decided this was our chance. I was secretly hoping they wouldn't let me go down because of my pregnant condition...especially as we were going up the ski lift and saw how flipping steep the hills looked. Unfortunately or fortunately they didn't refuse my money for it despite not having closed toed shoes or being with child. They make you go down the smaller one first and then you get to do the bigger hill. The small one was still pretty scary but not AS bad as I was expecting, so I felt ok doing the big one. It was SIGNIFICANTLY more intense and long and scary. Holy smokes you get ripping down that hill! It was a huge rush and super fun...looking back :)



We stopped and got Jamba Juice on the way back to the hotel - it was such a hot day! Then we grabbed baseball tickets and Ruby Snap cookies, which I've been wanting to try for a long time, and it was certainly worth the wait - but I don't want to wait that long again to get more. Haha. So so so good!


BASEBALL! I actually got to enjoy the game instead of chasing Harvey around or taking him to the playground all the game long :) And a great firework show afterwards!



We finished the weekend off with a delicious breakfast at a new place called Penny Ann's Café. New to us - not new new. It was kind of a dive looking place which equated to AMAZING food :) And cheap too. I'd go back for sure. Then we went back to get the munchkins, whom we actually really missed. But we had such a fun time celebrating ALL those years of marriage :) Keep em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment