Monday, January 14, 2019

Treehouse museum

This day was such a fun and happy day! It felt like it had been a bit since we'd been out to do something fun, and Harvey had been asking to go to the Treehouse Museum again. I told them if they cleaned up all their messes, we could go after girlies napped. It took a few reminders and coaxing and some threats, but they did it. And I kept my promise and we headed up there in the afternoon. It was pretty crowded but they all had a great time. Lottie remained happy the whole time. They stayed close by and didn't run off, which we talked about before. We all left when I said without meltdowns, and it just FELT good and fun and happy.
This little sink and Greta helping Lottie is just too adorable.



My adorable little cowgirls!


And a handsome cowboy!




This museum is so cool. There's so much to do and lots of little areas just with toys for all manner of pretend play. The kids had such a fun time. (I know I said that already). I am kind of kicking myself I didn't just buy a pass after we spent $30 for all of us and a pass for 13 months was $120).


Lottie FREAKED over the fish! Holy cow it was so funny. She spazzed out for a minute before I started recording.  Her actions are funny but I think the sounds she makes are even more funny. I got a kick out of it, anyway!



I love these two pics. Her face! She wouldn't let me take a picture of her in the dress up clothes but got silly trying to hide and I caught the cutest faces!





Again wouldn't let me take her picture but her hair and little body and droopy crown just make me smile.














I put all three of these pictures in because I think her face is just so cute in all of them - very serious driving focus.





Dad showed up as we were getting done because he wanted to take Harvey to get fitted for ski stuff (a separate blog), so we went with him to do that and then stopped at Cutler's on the way home for dinner.



The whole day was just magical. Amazing kids. Fun activity. Dinner was so much fun. We all just sat and ate and the kids were still being so good and we talked and laughed and it just felt SO good. It's kind of sad that most days seem filled with a little more fighting and whining and orneriness, me included. I'm trying to focus more on the good though, because even with rough or regular days, these 3 little kids are MUCH more good, kind, happy and amazing than anything else. They make me so happy. And they deserved every last crumb of those cookies :)


No comments:

Post a Comment