Saturday, August 24, 2019

Lottie is TWO!


Two whole years with this little spunkster. Everything that comes to mind when I think about Lottie makes me smile. She is smart. She talks SOO much and her voice is the cutest. And she's funny. She does stuff and laughs in a way that you know she knows what she did was clever or funny. When I sneeze, she says "bless you mama". Or to Tanner (who she always calls Tanner, not dad) - bless you Tanner. She has the cutest little giggle too. And she sings lots of songs - "Let it go", the Jesus song (The Miracle), the ABCs. She can count pretty good up to 15 (skips 4 and 5 a lot thought). "I wanna do it MYSELF", with car seat buckles and just about anything. She can throw a MEAN screaming fit tantrum which is a fun aspect of life.  But really - she is my little buddy. She always wants to "hold you" (me) and I love what she's turning into and hearing the things she says and thinks more and more but I want to be able to hold her cute perfect little self forever.


Sometimes I feel like I need to do a better job at making birthdays special with a few extra touches. Tanner picked up these balloons the night before and got donuts - I think it was just perfect. She was so cute when she saw the balloons and was a good little present opener. And loved her donut :)











Mimi had come over the night before to deliver her gift since they were going to be out of town for her actual birthday.

We did a repeat for her party. Went to the Farmington Pool. It worked out perfect again. Should be a tradition but she'll probably have her own opinions about it soon enough. Although she loves the swimming pool. And so does everyone else and it's fun to have a birthday we can do fun in the sun stuff :) My parents and Laura and Heather came. Our friend's Laura and her sister Julia came and sister in law, Nat and kids. I think everyone had a great time!














It was probably about this time that we had a little incident. Harvey was a wild little swimmer without his puddle jumper and was doing somersaults etc etc and would swallow some water and cough a bit and what not. Well, he was coughing quite a bit right after eating pizza and I turned to look just as a large amount of barf was coming out of his mouth and into the pool. Laura looked at me in horror. I ran over to the lifeguard and told her what happened. They made us clear the pool and luckily only a handful of people knew what happened and that we were the culprits. Funny, gross, embarrassing and sad all at once. We figured it was a good time for cupcakes and presents. Haha.











Then when it opened we swam some more till the shut 'er down! It was a blast. This girl is so loved.



























No comments:

Post a Comment