Saturday, August 31, 2019

Sheep Dog Competition

My dad found out about this sheep dog competition that I'd never heard of. It sounded really fun and I had the Saturday off. It was a bit of a drive to Midway and ended up being much warmer than I was expecting. But it was fun. The things I thought the kids would like, they weren't as interested in, but we did find lots of things they did like and Greta said the next day that she wanted to go back :)
This guys' presentation was really boring so we walked over to the hula hoops and Harvey was going to town! He was doing awesome!



We walked over to the dog jumping competition where they jump into a big pool to fetch a toy and they measure how far they jumped. I thought the kids would eat that up but they got bored sooner than we would have liked. So they ran around under the bleachers etc. Then we went and had lunch on the other side of things and they had this little shooting thing set up that Harvey did about 5 times.





They thought this part was pretty cool too!









They had sheep dogs running sheep on the hill that we didn't really watch that we wanted to but the kids were getting tired. Harvey wanted to go back up by the hula hoops and so we did that but my parents left with Laura's kids. (They were watching them for their anniversary overnighter).


We were going to try and watch them sheer a sheep but they didn't have that going on at the time or place the schedule said. And then we happened upon a little critter expo thing. And I'm so happy we did but sad we didn't see it with Logan and Clara. That was my kids favorite part!






He was letting people put the snake around their necks and I thought I ALMOST had Harvey bribed to do it but then he wouldn't. No one would. Oh well. They all touched it :)


Cutest little hedgehog.  And Harvey loved this bearded dragon lizard that you can't see great in the picture with the way the lighting is. He also wanted me to take a video of him petting it which I did but didn't think it made the cut of being included here. Fun day!




No comments:

Post a Comment