Monday, August 12, 2019

Spring Hollow Family Campout

This was our second annual Easter in August campout. We went up to Logan Canyon and stayed in Spring Hollow campground. We left a little sooner and thought we were going to be way earlier than everyone, so we stopped at a park, but my parents only ended up being like 15 minutes behind us. So it was short lived. And then we met at Taco Time for lunch before heading up the canyon.


At first the campsite seemed weird. There wasn't a lot of tent sites and it was a weird place for them and some other things that felt weird. But soon enough, we had everything unloaded and it felt like our mountain home soon enough. Lottie was a great helper :)








She didn't really let me rest in the hammock...


It was SO pretty!

There were two trails from our campsite (kind of annoying with lots of hiker traffic, but it wasn't too bad). We went for a short exploration with some of the kids and then Heather, Kathryn and I ended up going on a couple trail runs in the mornings.





No attitude in this one...











We had a little birthday celebration for Clara and Lottie up there. Laura brought cake and ice cream. My parents gave them both scooters and helmets. I need to get Lottie out on hers more so she can get good at it again. She was cruising on Greta's when we were down in Goblin Valley.






Oh my heck I love this picture.



Harvey loved the cake. Haha. I think he was shoveling it so much because he was so excited to go fishing with Heather and Shane (fishing is something he has wanted to do FOREVER and we have sucked and haven't taken him). Thank goodness for Aunt's and Uncles!


Heather took lots of great pictures of them! I've deleted quite a few but still included a lot because I love them so much.










This one. Perfection.

















Cute 'do by Aunt Heather


Post run










The second day we were there we got a good helping of rain. It POURED for a few hours. Kind of sucked but we made the most of it. The kids LOVED the huge puddle that formed on the cement. Holy cow they had a blast running and riding through it and playing in it. They all got soaked.



















I don't know why she loves the diaper changed pads...but she just likes to pull them open and lay on them.




Austin was such a stud with the kids. He ran around and chased them and hid from them multiple times a day. It was so fun having him there with us all!



Getting some pre-dinner snacks from pop.



















My parent's got up early on Friday morning to get the Easter Egg Hunt set up. We got started after breakfast and a run and unfortunately it seemed like the littles were already ready for naps. I think it so fun to do though. He incorporated camo eggs with coins and metal detectors this year that we had a little trouble with, but the rest of the stuff was so fun. I love hunting for the eggs. The kids lost interest kind of early and so we might change it up next year and have a kid one and an adult one or something. Fun times and my parents gave the kids such cute little Easter buckets. They had lots of fun with the bubbles!























Pop teaching the littles all about the glory of chocolate milk.



I sang to the kids a few times in the tent before we fell asleep. Greta told me I sang good. Haha. It was so sweet. Given all the Disney princesses she listens to singing, I'll take that as a pretty good compliment. (I really want to insert several large laughing emojo's in right now).


This was such a fun vacation. I LOVE being in the mountains and I love being with my family and it was so fun with everyone and the kids (mostly) got along really good. It just was perfect all around!






1 comment:

  1. My sister lives in Logan and we used to go to that park all the time! We also love hiking at Spring Hollow. There's a really cool (and COLD) waterfall that's fun to play in during the summer.

    ReplyDelete