Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Farmington Canyon

I have wanted to do this hike up Farmington Canyon for a couple of years but never have. I talked to my dad about it and he got excited and we decided all to go one Monday morning. My kids got so excited waiting for them to pick us up (we only had one car at the time and Tanner was needing it). 

When we got to the trail head the gate was closed!!!! I was so mad. I saw it on instagram like someone had just hiked it and we were so bummed. It took us a little while to decide what to do but ultimately we decided to just go for it. So we walked about a mile up the road to the actual trail head. It was quite lovely still. Nice and quiet and pretty!






We took a little snack break at the actual trail head and rested for a little bit. The trail was really nice. Good for kids. It was really pretty. Lots of exposure and sun so I was glad it wasn't too hot. It was actually perfect weather!






We crossed a couple of streams and walked for another hour or so and then someone told us we probably still had 20 minutes (of adult hiking time) left to get to the cars and the waterfall. My kids were getting pretty whiny and tired and so I wasn't sure we should keep going. We still had to make it all the way back.

We ended up decided to start back and let my dad hike on quick so he could take some pictures of the cars and see the waterfall. I REALLY wanted to get to the waterfall with the kids and Harvey really wanted to see the cars but I was just worried about getting us all back. We needed to not have an extra two miles on the road. We'll go back when the gate is open. So we turned around and crossed the bigger creek and sat and ate the rest of our food and hung our for a bit and then started slowly wandering back. We didn't get very far before my dad caught up to us :) But the kids really did pretty good on the way back. Lottie and Greta got carried lots of the way but Harvey was a stud and they were all happy :)








Spotted a little lizard on the rock that's really hard to see in the picture. Harvey wanted to catch him. 
This girl was especially entertaining. I'm not kidding when I say that basically THE ENTIRE hike she was talking, jabbering or singing. Hiking, being carried, sitting. It was SO funny. Even sans nap she was just a happy entertaining blabber mouth. Haha. I loved it.



The joys and conveniences of being a boy :)




Some of my dads pics...








It was so fun to be outside and spend time with my parents and especially in the mountains! A winning combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment