Saturday, June 13, 2020

Meet Bogey!

This is the story of our new dog...one that I have promised I won't get rid of and that I sure hope we have for a long time! I still miss Rozzi and feel a lot of guilt over that whole situation but I know she's a lot happier and in a better situation for her and it was the right thing for me...anyway. It's probably been about a year...I can't remember exactly...but it has been almost a daily thing that Harvey has asked when we can get a little dog. I didn't feel ready for a long time but for a few months we started watching KSL more closely. And by we I mean Tanner, and then he would send me links. We came across one that was tiny like we wanted and a lot less than what we had been seeing. And we decided summer was a good time to get one AND we were almost done with the yard. So we put a deposit on it. But that night I kept looking and came across a different one (the first was a malteypoo) and I thought this one...(an aussiepoo), was much cuter and almost the same price. So we cancelled with the other one and settled on this one. It was going to be ready 2 weeks sooner. And I think like 2 weeks from when we found him. We decided to keep it a secret from the kids. But played around "hypothetically" with names. We all decided on Bogey. This is one of the pics they sent us. 
My parents watched the kids the night before and we got up bright and early on June 6th to drive to Roosevelt, UT. About a 3 hour drive. It was pouring and was kind of sketchy in a few places with standing water and such. Luckily we made it there in one piece and we knocked on the door...they opened the door, handed us the dog and a ziplock bag of food and that was it. We were dying with how cute and tiny he was. (birthday is April 11)


I drove on most of the way home and he cried most of the way home. Tanner let me sit and hold him from Heber. So dang cute. 

And then the big reveal. We had him running around outside and the kids came out. And they fell in love just as quick as we did. It was so fun. 





Headlock







We had some visitors come check him out too. Heather was there as well but I didn't get any pictures of her. And obviously didn't get a lot with Greta either. 



They didn't want to leave his side. 
His first walk he whined quite a bit...but he walks so cute!




Just some other pictures of the first few days with him...


























We sure love him! And I'm writing this about a month after we got him and Harvey especially is still enamored with him. He doesn't sleep on his bed anymore because Harvey wasn't waking up to let him out and he kept peeing on the bed. But we've figured out nighttime pretty well - sleeps in the kennel in our room and keeps pretty quiet all night. He used to wake me up SOO early which wasn't ok. It's a lot better now. Still having some accidents in the house but he's a sweet little pup and seems pretty smart too and I'm excited to have the kids grow up with him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment