Thursday, June 24, 2021

Aspen Creek Campground

We kind of invited ourselves along on this camping trip. My dad mentioned he had gotten a site in the Uinta's and I requested the time off quickly because it was almost past the chance to do it and then asked if I could go. Then it worked out even nicer because they wanted to try a camper and so we didn't have to go find all of our stuff in storage. It was so fun. Beautiful, quiet campsite near Grandaddy basin. These pictures got uploaded terribly out of order and I wasn't in any state of mind to try and get them perfectly organized. I will just do my blurb about it and then pictures can be enjoyed in the order they appear. It was still pretty warm but not terrible. We spent a lot of time at the river! The kids loved that. We waded and threw rocks and skipped rocks and sat and bum slid and waded and all of those good things. We played some games, rode bikes, and just hung out. I felt kind of like a winner of a mom, because sometimes I just want the kids to go entertain themselves, and although they did do that...I spent a lot of time with them, doing all of the above. It felt really good and I hope they had fun - they seemed like they did. 























A little shocking at first, but the water actually felt really good! And didn't take too long to dry off.






The second evening we decided to go try to hike to a cave we saw on the map. We walked up maybe a quarter of a mile and realized it was far too steep. I went a little higher to see if I could find a path/switch back option but there wasn't any and then I just decided to go for it. Which was probably selfish cause then my dad didn't get to and they just had to wait for me. All in all it didn't take very long but there's no way the kids could have done it. It was SO steep and super rocky/shale-ey. 

The view was cool, but the cave was gross. There was excrement ALL over the ground and on the cave walls. I kind of wanted to go explore further back but didn't want Bogey walking through all that crap and I didn't want to get a disease or wake any bats! So I snagged the pics and booked it on down. It was really hard sliding down the rocky stuff but I made it with no broken or injured anythings. 

Kids wanted to go to the river again so we did for a bit. So pretty. 




Lots of bike riding. Greta is a natural. I actually ran both days and had some friendly bikers accompany me :)
















I bribed the kids with money to have them bum slide. The videos are fun. Greta did it twice. Lottie screamed the whole time :)


And a stop at Dick's on the way home. Although it's not called that anymore and the list of shake options isn't what it used to be, it was still yummy and tradition :) Thanks mom and dad for letting us crash your party!



No comments:

Post a Comment