Thursday, August 19, 2021

Back to School


We thought our back to school party last year was so much fun we decided to make it a tradition. Laura made a good point that maybe a bounce house with hoses was irresponsible given the drought situation, so we simplified our lives and invited all our school friends to the Surf and Swim. Everyone brought their own lunches and we did ice cream and cookies and it was perfect! Such a great time. I love the Surf and Swim. Just a great place for everyone to play and be in a relatively uniform place. Perfect sunny weather and great people. 
Laura's cousins


Adi Hess and her dad

Ryan Hess

Avery, Greta, Lucy and Lottie. Love these 4 girls!


Ty and Dax and Harvey


Laura and Ashlee

Crew and Heath

Me and Julia

Anna and Natalie and baby Charlotte





Crew's second cousins that I don't know their names. 
I didn't do the best job taking pictures of everyone involved. But it was a perfect day all the same and we are definitely doing this every year - even when we move!

Tanner took the kiddos to the back to school night and was a peach and sent me the photo documentation that I always am in desperate need of - especially when I don't get to be there. He said Harvey was pretty excited and acting like the cool kid on campus and showing Greta all around. And he said Greta seemed SUPER nervous. 


Harvey gets to have his kindergarten teacher for 2nd grade - Ms. Tourigney. 


Greta has Miss Gilbert and I love her. She is so great. 
Harvey started school on August 16. It felt SO early! I was NOT ready for it all to start again. He was excited and ready!

And Lottie really wanted a pic too. 
Greta didn't start until Thursday the 19th. She was BEYOND excited as well. Had been asking me for weeks about when she was going to start. Her clothes had been chosen and set out days before.  And she was up and ready to go and looked SO cute!




I took this as we were just walking out. Tanner came too. It was a bit tear jerker-ish. More just like wow. She's actually big enough to be sitting in school and table and just getting to work. I felt emotionally happy tears because of how much I just know she is going to love it and how great she is going to do. I feel like she's younger and littler and less capable than when Harvey was in Kindergarten. It kind of trips me out. But she is a smart, happy, fun little peanut and is going to rock this year. 


Miss Gilbert sent these couple pics of first day home. Love seeing her little class! She's got her besties - Avery and Lucy in class with her too. Makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment