Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Lake Hill Campground

Oh man. Annual Stoddard Easter Campout. My favorite. This was such a fun little trip. Only downside is not everyone could come. And there were constantly like a million bees especially when any food came out. It was a miracle no one got stung! And I was really impressed with how much my kids did NOT freak out about there ever present-ness). 

It was Laura and Dallin and fam, me and kids and my parents. And Luna and Bogey. They had a great time too! Holy cow they were constantly playing with each other. They were both worn out for a few days after! But anyway...getting ahead of myself. We met in Ephraim and had lunch at a park and then continued up the canyon. The campsite was only about 20 minutes away from Ephraim. 

Snacks and hammocks were first priority in camp set up. We've got LOTS of pictures coming and like I've said before - when the pics come from 4+ different sources - it's dang hard keeping them organized and chronological. I did my best. 




We had a really cool site right next to this little lake. So pretty. 

Lots of gaming and playing and hammocking and all the goodness that is camping! The kids all got along so great about 92% of the time. I had a few moments of incredible frustration with Harvey (meltdowns over pretty ridiculous things - even for a kid), but otherwise it was just perfect!









My happy place. 
We got up on a Wednesday and got camp set up and played and just enjoyed it all. The next day we did the Easter Egg Hunt. It was a really fun one and my kids participated the most they ever have. It was awesome. 
















The prizes this year were LEGIT! My parents always give great gifts, though. But these were especially fun and useful and cool and thoughtful and loved and used!


They got flashlights, hammocks, a water painting book, coloring books, paper, hotwheels or a mermaid barbie thing and some candy. PERFECT. All the things my kids absolutely love. 





And the adults got hooked up too! They made us our own hand washing stations, collapsable dishwashing bins and a collapsable camping garbage can. SOOO awesome!



Our evening gaming, laughing, eating, talking sessions were my favorite part probably. 








Clara had her birthday on Friday and Laura had a bunch of cute fun things planned. They painted rocks, made bracelets, got little streamer things (which were a HUGE hit!), and then we had cake and ice cream later. My dad went on a wild goose chase to find dry ice. It was a delicious treat!








Nice to have a smile with his finished product after he had a giant meltdown about making a mistake.
-sigh-


















Most of the following pictures are just the happenings and self explanatory...




















My dad had actually gotten stung the night before we left. His hand and arm swelled up SO much and he was hurting pretty good. After a few days of it not seeming to get any better, we went into town for soem hornet traps and I got him some prednisone and keflex. It eventually started to improve but man, it was impressive and took quite a while to really get better!




Lottie woke up two of the nights SCREAMING her head off. Like literally, SCREAMING. She was freaking out about her rash on her inner thighs (that we've been dealing with for MONTHS) was itching and hurting. Holy crap. It was insane. It took like 20 minutes both times to get her calmed down and back to sleep. I tried every topical whatever that we had with us. Crazy. And miserable for all involved.

















It was a victorious camping trip. So fun. Great memories made. I love that we do this. I love that my parents raised me camping. I love that they still make an effort to go and that my kids love it. It's my FAVORITE way to spend time with...anyone really! Thanks mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment