Monday, August 23, 2021

Lottie's Birthday

4 years old! So crazy I still consider her my little baby and so it's so weird to look at her and see how long she is in bed or how grown up her face looks. It's really crept up on me! She can't possibly be this big already. We celebrated hard! Saturday we planned a swim party. The last 3 years we went to the Farmington pool but she wanted the one with the big yellow slide. The weather has been so hot and perfect and so we were excited it had the outdoor pavilion and water play area. But then the weather SUCKED that day. Luckily it didn't rain, but it was pretty chilly and super windy. And we couldn't get a place to keep stuff inside that late of notice so it was kind of frustrating, the wind and cold and was stressful to me...but it all worked out. She had a blast and that's what counts :)








I thought she was going to let me make her a cake but then we decided to look at some options at Smith's and she picked out a unicorn one. Then it was a different one that I don't remember so I ordered that one. And then for some reason we looked again and she freaked out and wanted this one. I tried making sure she really wanted the baby one and not the princess or unicorn or whatever others we had looked at. Yep - this one for sure. Haha. So funny. 

It was so windy so the blowing out of the candles didn't really work and she was kind of sad about it for a minute. I think she maybe had a whole 2 bites of her cake. Luckily everyone else enjoyed it and some leftovers. 





People are so kind and generous. She got spoiled.

















The princess dress from Grammy and Pop. Huge hit!



Her birthday was  Monday. I got up early to make her breakfast cake so everyone could eat before school. Candles worked a little better inside but melt a lot more inside a "cake" that just came out of the oven.



She ran some errands with me in the morning.  We went to get paint samples and we passed Krispy Kreme so I had to let her get a birthday donut :) Then we went and found the house we loved and I knocked on the door to see what color paint they did on the exterior. Kind of weird and probably awkward for the lady who kind of hid in her nightgown behind some furniture after her older son answered the door. She was flattered by our copying their style and gave us what we needed! Then off to play at the park!








We had to wait till Dad got home from work for more presents. Man - birthday's are the best!









She picked Coconut Cove as the place she wanted to go play with the family. We invited Greyson, our neighbor, so Harvey had someone more to play with. They ran around hard and Tanner and I sat and chatted and it was perfect for everyone!



Then she picked hamburgers for dinner. In & Out it was!
Got to face time Grammy and Pop who were in California that week. 
And my personal favorite every year! She actually can write her name a lot better than that but it was kind of late and at an awkward angle and she wasn't trying very hard. I wore her out with all the questions maybe. She's just the absolute best and so entertaining and fun and smart and darling. We love love love her. Happy Birthaday Lottie Dottie!

No comments:

Post a Comment