Monday, December 13, 2021

Moab part 2

We'll start part 2 with my Mom's birthday. We decided to spend the day in Arches again. It was a good choice! We took our time in the morning with yummy breakfast and hanging out and some presents, of course!





We made a stop at the visitor center because Harvey ALWAYS wants to go to those, and I'm sure it's because he somehow always ends up with something from the gift shop. (I know that's my problem). All the kids got a little something. Stuffed animals for the girls and a mini brick lizard guy. 


Most of the day was on the Landscape Arch trail. We had so much fun! It was a perfect little mile hike to the arch with beautiful blue skies. Still a little chilly. But in the sun at the arch it felt so nice and eating lunch there was so great.























We saw a lot of that cute little crack on this trip ;)


















The only profile picture of myself I've ever liked. Thanks Danny for making it cute.











Next stop was Sand Dune arch. Super short and packed with fun. The kids loved it. 


















Big kids also had a lot of fun! Man - we laughed so much trying to get these. 






Last stop Double Arch. We had great, happy, trooper kids. 

Oh my gosh. LOVE.


















Then we drove home. Ran out of daylight and any leftover morsels of warm. It was the absolute most perfect day. My mom was so happy. What a great birthday. I loved that for her. The kids were so so good. They loved it and that made me so happy too. I love experiencing nature and outdoors with them and love it when they love it and play and explore and are imaginative. Just heavenly. 


Back home for playing and birthday cake. Mom Requested a carrot cake. I made it at home and then decorated it there. It turned out so good. Like absolutely delicious and didn't look too terrible either. 




I'm not usually one to choose carrot cake but holy moly. I'd eat this again and again.

My mom's so cool. She brought down the cutest little Christmas tree craft for us to do. 
And I actually think we finished this puzzle on Sunday but it got stuck in here (and not rotated right...but this trip was SO time consuming in organizing all the pictures from everyone and trying to keep them sequential, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment