Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving

Tanner is enjoying football. Harvey is already asleep. All the excitement must have worn him out cause he was kind of a pill this evening. But anyway - felt like it was as good of time as anyway to post a few pics and tales of our day. 
I spent the morning doing what one does on Thanksgiving morning.  Cooking :) I had made a "game plan" on Tuesday to help me navigate through and try to have everything done on time and warm etc. My duties included cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, rolls and banana cream pie. All were new recipes except the pie. I think everything turned out pretty good except I cooked the first batch of rolls a tiny bit too long, which saddened me. But still delicious. 
Why I love taking food pictures is still unclear. Might have something to do with how much I love food. And "documenting". Ya - that probably explains it. 
Had to wake Harv up from his nap - which was difficult. I mean - look how precious he is!!
We had dinner with 3 other couples from our ward at my friend, Stephanie's apartment party room. It had a huge screen tv, nice kitchen, lots of space and fooseball and pool and darts. It was fun for us and it seemed Harvey had fun with everything. He wasn't a fan of leaving all the cool stuff behind. 
I'm bad and didn't get a pic of all the adults that were there. Oops. Lyn and her husband Jason and their little guy Ammon came. And a fam we didn't really know - the Robertson's - Loagn and Jaleesa and their two boys and a friend of Logan's. And of course Stephanie and her family. 
Anyway, like I said, it was a meltdown by the minute after we got home and a little before even. So even though he got some tv while I was cooking, I succumbed to the power of the iPad. But it was sweet cuddling with him. 
His favorite show right now, Room on the Broom, and I caught his favorite character on it too. The little green bird. Ask him what that bird says sometime. You won't regret it. 
There really is so much to be grateful for. We are so blessed in so many ways. I am especially grateful for my Savior. My testimony. My big family. And this little family of mine that brings me more happiness than I can even accurately express.  
HAPPY THANKSGIVING from our family to yours!

1 comment: