Monday, November 6, 2017

Niederhauser vacation. Part 2. Non Disney festivities.

We rented this sweet house about 20 ish minutes from Disneyland. It had a pool and big yard in the back and ping pong tables and fooz ball and wifi and huge kitchen and fridge and just about everything to keep everyone happy! 

This was our room. It was nice as it had it's own bathroom which I loved, but was right next to the tv room so it was noisy at night when trying to get little's to sleep.

Harvey hopped on this 2 minutes after we got there. No water wings, see? About 2 minutes after I took this, Carson tried helping push him towards the edge of the pool and Harvey lost his balance and fell in. So I ended up jumping in to fish him out. So he was pretty shook up and we were both soaked. He wouldn't go in the deep water the rest of the trip, which I guess was ok, but normally he loves swimming around in deeper water. He had plenty of fun in a couple of the shallower sections.



Not the best time to try to take a cute matching picture. Haha.
Sunday after we went to church we wandered down to Huntington Beach. It was colder and windier than would have been ideal but the kids didn't seem to mind and were basically rolling around in the sand the whole time. And Lottie was a champ and slept the whole time!















She was NOT a fan of the water coming up on the beach. Neither kids appreciate that part of the ocean, which is funny and disappointing. I'm sure it will change someday :)
















We did house day Saturday when we got there and then church and beach Sunday and then Disney Monday and Halloween was a break day - more fun at the house...






She went through about 3 outfits during the day - too much playing in the water!





And Berrie is soaked because she rescued Greta after she fell in the pool. Man. Parents of the year. 



We joined Carrie and fam at her sister's house that evening. We ate dinner with them and then went trick or treating in their neighborhood. I have to say this may have been almost my favorite part of the trip. Disneyland didn't seem AS magical to Harvey (and definitely not to Greta) just because of age and stuff. But Halloween was FUN! Harvey was SO stoked on being batman. He was having a blast running up to the houses and yelling trick or treat and YELLING "Batman!!!" at every house. It was so fun and funny and that was more magical and fun and happy for me almost even than Disneyland. I just loved it. I have always loved the trick or treating part of Halloween. I have so many fun memories of going around our neighborhood with my dad and siblings and I have been saddened over the years by the decline of trick or treating. And this neighborhood was awesome - there were TONS of kids out running around and so many houses were decorated fun and it just FELT festive and brought so much joy to my heart. I loved every minute of it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment