Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was nothing but wonderful this year. It usually is. The Sunday before we had my family up to our house for a feast. Ben and Julie didn't make it but everyone else (besides sick Austin) did. Tanner smoked the turkey after brining it for a day. It. Was. Amazing. Oh my goodness so good! I did potatoes and gravy as well and everyone else brought stuff too. It was all delicious and way fun. I don't know why I didn't take more pictures. Maybe because as the host I was more preoccupied or something. 

We did try and spend a good amount of time (between kid distractions) playing around the world. Greatest ping pong game ever. It was a good after binge eating game - running around the ping pong table fast. Haha. So fun though.
Cute cousins! The party wasn't as long as I ever like and there's always a million more games and puzzles and talking and relaxing that I want to happen, but with it being Sunday, we couldn't start too early cause of random church times and obligations and then Monday everyone was back to work early. Might have to remedy that for future non Thanksgiving Day celebrations. Still tons of fun!

Cutest little pilgrim I ever saw :) He missed Monday for school because he was sick, but he was a bit better Wednesday so he didn't completely miss out on fun preschool Thanksgiving stuff.
We spent Thanksgiving at Clare and Berrie's. I only had to bring a dip. I made a carmelized onion dip and brought chips. It was actually really good. And quite nice to have such a small responsibility :) Tanner got to golf that morning so he was pretty happy about that. And then the day was just really nice. Lots of snacking before eating which made for not as much eating of the main meal as I would have liked. Haha. But it was all DELICIOUS.
Crazy kid's table!
Yum!
She took several not good naps but was mostly good in between :) Greta on the other hand slept terribly and was pretty ornery unless she was adequately distracted and no one was telling her to do something she didn't approve of.
Football across the street. The weather was so nice!

And all Harvey wanted to do was play in the sand. And once Greta realized that's where he was it was game over.


Literally rolling around in it.

And I took a lot of pictures of her because she was just being too cute.








Spoiler alert if anyone even reads this anymore - this is going to be on our Christmas cards this year. Haven't sent cards out since before I was even pregnant with Harvey. And we just haven't gotten our stuff together to get pics taken so we threw them under the tree Thanksgiving evening hoping 1 in a million would turn out. Well, folks, this is the best we could get. And that's going to have to cut it. Haha. I love them so much though. I love the holidays. So excited for December and Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment