Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas Day

I'll start off with just giving it away. Christmas was perfect. It really was so wonderful. Everything a Christmas should be :) I worked the night before and Santa had come before I got home, which was convenient. I believe Greta was the first one up and so we hung out in the bedroom and waited for Harvey. Tanner went out to shovel the walks. Harvey came out of his room (and I hopped up really fast to make sure he didn't run to the living room because I wanted to make sure we were recording and that Tanner was back). The first thing he said was "did I get my hot wheels track!?" I told him we were going to have to wait for dad to go check it out :)


It was worth the cost - and that's saying a lot :)

The chairs were supposed to be the big Santa gift but then Harvey got his mind SET on the hot wheels track and it HAD to be the one with the gorilla and the jet and the pterodactyl. Oh well - luckily he doesn't know how spoiled he was :)

Lottie hung the whole time we did gifts and was a peach. Greta was so cute about everything. Although after she opened her baby gift, she wasn't too interested in anything else. Although I love how excited she got over her pajamas. So fun to give her stuff because she thinks it's all awesome!
Greta took these next two pics and I just thought they were fun.















It was just so fun to watch them open everything. They were so fun and it just felt like all the magical good, warm, JOYFUL feelings that makes giving and family and Christmas awesome. Even Roz got a few things! (A bone, reindeer stuffed animal and some white chocolate covered bones).
Tanner got base layers for skiing and that shirt and water bottle.





Family gifts...
Oh my gosh I'm so excited about this. We've been talking about getting something like this FOREVER and Tanner made it happen in the most amazingly perfect way ever. A world map that has an engraved key for everyone in the family and the family collectively with colored pins to mark all our travels. I want to get going places so I can add more now! I love it! I also got those sweet shoes I'm wearing and some hot pads and washcloths and towels which were wanted and needed and a really nice wooden cutting board since I broke mine.
The glorious aftermath...
Aebleskeivers for breakfast. A tradition. Kids love them and so do I!
Prepping the prime rib. 
More of Greta's photography. And since I don't get in the blog or pictures much, I included it.
A little out of order but here's little Lottie's little stash.
Oh my heart. They both were so cute I decided to try a quick picture. And it WORKED! More perfectly than I could have hoped. Too bad Harvey didn't have some festive attire on to get in on this. But still...my girls. Too much perfection.



Watching Cars 3.

Puked on clothes and Greta was already sleeping so she did a naked nap.
Greta getting herself ready to go outside. Hahaha. I love it. 

And the snow. Beautiful Christmas snow that we went out and played in and it was perfection. It's a shame because both kids LOVE playing in the snow and this year we are getting so hosed in the snow department. It's extremely disappointing to me. But we sure enjoyed this day.











I wholeheartedly love this picture. Even the zit on my lip :)
My parents and Kathryn and Tanner's parents came over for prime rib dinner. We had veggies and salad and potatoes as well. It turned out pretty good. The prime rib was AMAZING.

2nd Christmas from Gram and Pop!






The wrapping paper wasn't enough to keep it a surprise. Harvey kept closing his eyes tight while he opened stuff. So funny.









Those are fancy ping pong paddles and case and oil or whatever it is you use to take care of fancy paddles. We had some fun playing that night too!
See...what did I tell ya...perfection. So happy and so in love with my little and big family and so grateful, obviously, for a Savior that I know lives and loves us.

1 comment:

  1. I love when holidays are perfect. I LOVE that map and must know where it came from!!!

    ReplyDelete