Tuesday, May 29, 2018

City Creek

Oh City Creek. Easily one of my top 5 days of the year. I love love love this tradition. I requested the day off  because I wanted to be able to go and stay all day and also because Tanner was coming home from another Indy 500 boys trip and so needed to be for kid watching purposes. It was a chilly day and jackets never really came off and then later afternoon it started really raining. Since I couldn't keep the pack and play out in the rain, Lottie wouldn't sleep with everyone under the pavilion and Greta was getting pretty stinker-y with no nap for her, so we ended up leaving early afternoon, which was disappointing but still such a fun day. Any day we get to go up and be outside in the mountains is a good day. And I just love this place so much. SOOO many wonderful memories of going there year after year all of my life. I think my grandpa started it about 45 years ago. It didn't start at this location but ever since family grew, we reserve the same spot - the last sight up the canyon, every memorial day. It's changed a lot, obviously. It's different going as the mom instead of as the kid. I have so many memories of teeter totters and volleyball games all day and hiking and putting boats down the river and the cave. The cave stays the same. We spent so much time down at that cave. Love it so much. And the group changes a bit as everyone gets older and lives different places but it's still great to see so many of my cousins and aunts and uncles make the effort to come. There is no rhyme or reason to the pictures. Just all we got, dumped in for happy reminiscing!






He wasn't wanting me to take his picture (in fact all day long the kids were being stinks about posing for pictures), but he goofed around and ended up smiling and I captured the cutest face :)















Dancing on the table :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment