Thursday, May 31, 2018

Misc May

We had a seiso de mayo party at my parents with delicious pork tacos and the most amazing 7 layer dip compliments of Heather and fun outside and a piƱata. Harvey did awesome with it. Greta was a bit more disappointing. Haha. She wouldn't even hit it and just stood there with the stick and got really mad when we finally took it away. 









Harvey was the only one that would do it with a blindfold.







Cutest cousins!

Tanner was out of town for work and I couldn't switch my shift and so Clare and Berrie were kind enough to watch the kids and let them sleep there and then I just came there after my shift and slept and took them home in the morning. This is how Greta was laying when I got there. Amazing.

Diaper wipe window cleaning. Very effective.
Deep conversations and thoughts by Harvey. Telling me about how he is going to be a firefighter helicopter pilot.

Afternoon on the driving range.





My parents babysat for us one Friday and played hard with the kids. It wasn't the greatest weather and Greta ended up having a fever for some weird reason. But they made it to Arctic Circle and made their lives complete :)



I love this picture.













The most exciting thing that happened in May is that we FINALLY sold the van!!! I got a Pilot. It's a 2015 and gray/charcoal/blueish and leather seats and sun roof and beautiful. I LOVE it. I LOVE to drive it. It's quiet and smooth and cools down quick and efficiently and Harvey LOVES his special spot in the back seat. He is in a booster now so he just gets in and buckled all by himself and it is great. I'm so happy!! These first two pics are driving it away from the lot and then I took actual outside pics of it a few weeks later. Oops.



Picnic at work with dad who was working late painting and putting his office together. 


Another trip to Bair Creek. There was lots of water and even though Harvey threw a fit about not going to the playground first, once we got down and playing by the water he was happy as a clam. Laura came with us a week later and there was no more water. (enough to make mud and let kids get filthy) Still super pretty and fun, but there's just something special about water :)
I don't know why, but I really like this picture. I think it's cool. There were lots of cool mushrooms along the trail but this group looked cute and with everything else going on around them. I tried to take a pic and it turned out cool. And I love it. 
Nice people along the trail offered to take our picture.















Mother's Day. My dad was out of town and so my mom came up to have dinner with us. Heather stopped by and brought me some cute earrings and we just played outside for a bit. It was really nice. I didn't get any special mother's day pictures with the kids, but it was a nice day. Tanner made amazing salmon and shrimp cocktail and veggies (I helped with mashed potatoes). But it was delicious. And the kids were good in church except Harvey refused to go up and sing because he spilled sacrament water on his pants and I think he was embarrassed and the song was right after the sacrament. It's kind of pathetic how disappointed I was by that, but oh well. I think I'm over it :) I saw him singing really good during "dress rehearsals". Tanner got me a queen for a day spa package and I about pooped my pants. I can NOT wait to go use it! Heaven. Also I made a homemade mom questionnaire myself because I wanted to see what Harvey would say. Maybe that's weird, but it was worth it :)





Greta's about to revolutionize the way golf is played. I'm sure she's onto something with this stance.
Oh this picture. Everything about it makes me smile. And it's good to have amazing pictures like this because she can sure be a pill these days.


Another perfect Greta pic.

Why is it so cute seeing these guys hold hands!?!


We went and spent a Saturday at my mom's cause Tanner was out of town, and apparently we just did a Greta photo shoot. She is so beautiful and fun. 





Pretty momentous occasion. I made my first shrimp boil. Heather coaxed me along and I think it turned out pretty darn good. It was easy and the kids loved it. So I should probably not wait 35 more years to make it.
I think we gave away or sold my old 2-person backpacking tent long ago. And we got a decent dividend from REI and they had a 20% coupon. So - we decided to use it to get another backpacking tent. This is a 3 person and is amazing. We got Greta a sleeping bag too. They were having so much fun and it made me so excited to get out and use it! I really want to take Harvey backpacking somewhere. Even just 1 or so miles in for a night or two. I miss backpacking like crazy. Hopefully soon! (Like as in next year maybe).


Harvey took this picture of Lottie.
A primary drawing of a shark, the water, and an island. I love it so much because it's like his first real drawing of an actual thing - and it actually looks like it. Mom pride :)
Another trip to the new park in Bountiful with Brooke. It was less crowded this time. Kids had a lot of fun until Harvey threw a stick into a crack into a locked box thing and then FREAKED out for at least a half an hour that we couldn't get it back. It was quite difficult to handle and manage.














We did a FHE night at Boondocks. Which was really fun. We were going to do mini golf but it was SUPER windy outside and the kids get really excited about the arcade games so we stayed inside. Great until I wouldn't let Harvey play a horrible zombie killing game and he threw a HUGE fit. Which made me wonder why we ever spend money to try to do fun things with kids. We'll keep making that mistake for years, I assume.







Another (waterless) trip to Bair Creek.








Lottie looks ginormous compared to Clara in these pictures. Haha.


Harvey also had his last day of preschool. We went to the duck park and fed ducks and played at the playground for an hour. Then went back to her house and got a certificate and played with baby kittens and bunnies that one of his friends brought.















Holy smokes! That was a ton of pictures! I even took out all the zoo ones. I seriously can't help myself. I love my family and our life, though. And there's a LOT of crazy and frustration and impatience, but I love having all these pictures to remind me that it's all absolutely worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment