Saturday, June 30, 2018

Misc June

June 1st was International Donut Day. So we ventured to Krispy Kreme. I wouldn't say it was a mistake because it was fun. But there was a LONG line (duh) and it was almost nap time. So I kind of rushed us eating the donuts. I still think they enjoyed the experience. I need to be better about not rushing these precious little things that just love to go at their own pace and enjoy things. It was nice we got to watch them get made most of the time in line. 
I had to post all the pictures of Greta because she is too cute. I obviously think all my kids are cute, but she's just at this perfect age where she mostly will still look at me and smile - and she has THEEE best cheese smile. Harvey is always running around too much or just won't cooperate :)







A precious little pic Harvey took of us.
This makes my heart happy.
This makes me smile. And laugh.
???
A very tired little girl. So funny.
These two. They keep each other up way later at night and longer at naps than should happen. But it's so precious. One good thing is they usually keep themselves entertained together in the morning too so I don't often have to jump out of bed first thing to either of their cryings :)
Ahhhh...
She is so dang dark! And awesome.
One significant event that happened is Tanner bought his brother's Porsche. There were a lot of things that aligned that made it seem like the right thing to do at the time :) He is one happy camper. And got the garage pretty well cleaned out for it to park in there. So that was a win too! He was also very excited to get it buffed up and looking mighty fine. I thought it was cute Harvey helping him. Just like Tanner did with his dad many years ago!

Just some fun in the front yard. With bubbles. Gotta love bubbles.



The only pic I took on Father's Day. But I think it's perfect. I made a pretty tasty breakfast of cinnamon French toast. Then church, and then we were invited up to Clare and Berrie's for dinner. It was wonderful because then I didn't have to do too much with prep - just baked a box German Chocolate cake that Tanner requested and took ice cream. Then I unfortunately had to work. I did get him two presents that he was pretty excited about (one, a book, he already knew and would have been a cool surprise, but that's the risk of sharing Amazon accounts and the other were some shoes he liked that he had tried on at Nordstrom's but decided against spending the money). I went back the next day or two and got them. I was pretty proud of myself - mostly because I don't usually nail it with gifts very often.


I'm not really sure what they are doing.

HARVEY'S FIRST BIKE LESSON!!! It went ok :) Day two was much better. He was having a hard time keeping his feet and the pedals going in a forward direction. He kept pushing them back and engaging the brakes. It was a tiny bit frustrating for all parties involved. But it was a pretty big milestone in his life! We need to keep working on it.



I mostly just took this because I accidentally put Greta's pj top with Harvey's stuff. And it looked so funny. These are my 2 attempts at getting a picture of it.

A sad thing that happened this month was saying goodbye to little Jezzy. She has been going downhill for months now but really got bad in the last few days. They took her to the vet and kind of thought they'd maybe put her down on Monday. Well, she had a really bad day and night and so my dad changed the appointment to Saturday. We all went down to say goodbye to her and she actually ended up passing away in Heather's arms an hour or so before her appointment. It was better that way and it was good to be there. It was sad. Mostly sad to see my parents so sad. They've had her for over 10 years. Heather had her a few years before that. She was 14.5. Lived a good, happy life. Little hot dog loving, grunting, curly tail pig dog.








This was cute for my heart. Tanner was running around being so silly with the kids. And they ATE it up. There was so much giggling and laughing and all manner of happy things. I love seeing him play like that with the kids. He's such a good dad.





I should have probably turned this into a separate post, but I'm not. So the night after we hiked to Willow Lake, I went out to my parents for a few hours to wait for Tanner to get back from his golf tournament in Wendover. They were going to watch them overnight while we got away for our anniversary. First things first - bath! Everyone wanted one in the sink. Just like old times ;)


We stayed at the Hotel Monaco in downtown. We dropped our stuff off, Tanner showered and then we walked to dinner at Alamexo. YUM! It was a fancy Mexican place that we both thoroughly enjoyed!
Guac with our chips made fresh right in front of us. Sooo good!

Everything about the food was perfect. Worth the price ;)
Even mini churro's with our check.
We wandered around downtown a little bit, walked off some rice and beans, and then stopped at Gourmandize to gorge ourselves a little more. Picked out a few delectable baked goods and took them back to the hotel to eat while we watched the new Overboard. It was delicious and fun!
Éclair, Passion fruit mousse, mini fruit tartlette and a raspberry macaron. Mmmmm. We saved the éclair for breakfast. It was incredible. Haha. Man we love food. And sugary goodness.
Then more food - breakfast at Ruth's up emigration canyon.

Then Tanner said he had a surprise for me so we went cruising (took the Porsche). We ended up in Heber at a jewelry shop that he recently discovered on Instagram and I fell in love with a few of his things. I didn't even know he was in Utah. So that was a huge, awesome surprise. The big surprise is he's going to have him make a topo necklace of the Wasatch front and put a star where Red Butte is - where we got married. So sweet, romantic and awesome. And he also let me but these. LOVE.
After that we hiked around Wasatch State Park. It was warm. But pretty. And we found some Sego Lilly and saw some cool butterflies.





Then we stopped at Freshie's in Park City for some lobster roll's that we had been hearing about how awesome they were from Tanner's family. Spendy. But they did NOT disappoint. They were incredible. Holy cow. Soooo good. Tanner couldn't stop talking about them. And he doesn't usually get that worked up or excited about much, let alone food. It was awesome.
And while we were out playing, the kids were playing with Grammy and Pop and cousins at the zoo. So of course, there are more pictures associated with that :)















Lottie is so cute ;)
We would have stayed out playing more - but I forgot a pump and I was about to burst. So we headed back to my parents so I could nurse Lottie and we just ended up hanging out there, grilling steaks and going to bed kind of early. We stayed there so we could drop them off at the airport in the morning for their big Alaska vacay! All in all, it was a PERFECT anniversary getaway. I had tons of fun with Tanner. The kids had a great time. Win win all around.
In fact, it's just been a great June all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment