Friday, June 29, 2018

Willow Lake

Today was a HAPPY day! It's kind of a long story how it all came to pass, but Brooke and I decided to go hiking this morning and my mom got called off so my parents and Kathryn ended up coming along too. Tanner was in Wendover at a golf tournament and we were leaving the kids that night with my parents while we went to Salt Lake for our anniversary. So, we were heading down that way anyway. We talked about a few options but settled on hiking, and after that hike, I don't know why there is EVER a choice of what we should do. It was so awesome. She had done this Willow Heights trail that led to Willow Lake a few years ago and we decided to do that one. It was pretty short - perfect distance for our kids. It was also kind of steep, which was a little challenging for them coming down (and me since I forgot to put my tennis shoes on) but SOOOO pretty! The kids were awesome, they had so much fun, the weather was perfect, it was gorgeous, and there was just nothing bad about the whole experience. It was so much fun. I loved it. 
My dad took his camera to play with a little bit in preparation for their Alaska trip they leave for in 2 days. These are just a couple he snapped of the girls before we even headed up the canyon. But they are cute. So here they are. 

First time in the carrier. I had let my friend borrow our bjorn so we took this and she actually really did quite well in it. That's a happy face, I'm pretty sure.



Harvey took this one with my phone. And a bunch more. But this one was the only one worth keeping. He and Alec kept picking the flowers. He wanted to give them all to me which is about the sweetest thing ever, but I educated him on not picking the awesome wildflowers. And they really were awesome up there! So many. SO pretty.



Best part of this picture is her fat roll tan line :)







Singing the ABC's into a "microphone" with his eyes closed. Pretty impressive :)
Hiding in the bushes. Scary wild animals!


















I asked Greta who this picture was of..."Me. Messy."






















I can't love this picture enough. Perfection in every way.







No comments:

Post a Comment