Saturday, June 30, 2018

June swimming fun

We didn't buy Cherry Hill passes this year because I knew there was no way I was going to be able handle that place and all 3 kids by myself. I kind of thought swimming would be minimal this year, but turns out we've had tons of water fun this month! The kids got invited to Remi and Hadley's going away party at a park and splash pad. That was fun! Both of them enjoyed it a lot more than they did last year. 









We bought a pool at Costco a month or more ago and finally put it up. They LOVED it. Logan and Clara and Laura came over to help us break it in. Greta got in with her diaper first. Oops. Check out that ghetto booty!

















We kept it up the next day and invited some other friends we met through Harvey's preschool (Gwen - who picked him up for school half of the year - so awesome, and her kids Peyton, Madi (in Harvey's class) and their baby that's almost Greta's age that for some reason I can not remember her name. Oops.)




We also did 2 weeks of swimming lessons. Harvey loved it. I think he's SUPER comfortable in the water but when it comes to specific lessons and performing tasks, he's not as good. Ha. He just likes to do his own thing and play "alligator, alligator, what time is it?" They said he needed to do this same level again, which I thought was dumb. He had a sub half of his classes and I know he could do more than half the things on the list they just weren't checked off. Oh well. He can do that one again :)
Greta was a good sport mostly. The first one she was so sad she couldn't get in. Then did okay the next couple. Then Heather took him once for me and let her get her toes in the water so we did that the last few times and she was happy as a clam. And usually got more than her toes wet.





His last swim lesson we took Kathryn and stayed after to swim. Laura joined us too and I thought it was a blast! Everything about the pool was perfect for my kids. Lottie and Clara could just crawl around the shallow part and chase toys. Even when the waves came, it was still just fine for them, except it did push toys all over the place. And there was tons of shallow areas for them to play in. Harvey sometimes strayed a little too far, but mostly it was just easy to watch them and not have to hold Lottie the whole time. It was hot and sunny and felt amazing to be playing in the pool. I had a blast and I think everyone else did too. We'll have to make it back there a couple more times. I think it worked better for the kids than Cherry Hill, anyway. Well, it was a lot easier for me. Having an extra adult always helps too :)








No one quite liked the waves at first, but towards the end they were loving it. Clara loved this little thing. I tried Lottie out in it after and she loved it too. Giggled and splashed and chilled for a good 5-10 minutes. So cute.










This is his excitement when the waves started.


And to finish up the month, Harvey got invited to his first birthday party! Madi's the girl from his preschool that came to our house invited him and they have this cool blow up slide/pool that is super cool and he had a blast playing on. My kid gets invited to birthday parties now!? Again - how is he this big!?

I really am loving this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment