Monday, July 30, 2018

Greta gets potty trained

I wasn't planning on doing this yet. I was thinking more fall or December ish time, which is when we did Harvey officially (the second time). But there were a few moments where she really was showing some interest. She asked to go on the blue toilet that happened to have been down for awhile. And she actually peed on the toilet several times. So I felt like I had to capitalize on that. I ordered some underwear from Amazon and she got really excited about it but I still had to wait a few week until I had a window with work and our vacations etc. So July 10th was the day. Harvey actually had a dentist appointment that morning so we went to that first and then came home and said goodbye to diapers. We basically just sat downstairs and played with the toilet in the living room and watched movie after movie. She did awesome. She got her undies wet a little a couple of times but no significant accident. She went like 10 times in the potty and was so excited to dump and flush and wipe all by herself. We even drove to Farmington Station for dinner and she stayed dry. AND she pooped in the toilet that night. I'd say it was a perfect first day and set my expectations pretty high!

Love Harvey's shoes, on the wrong feet. 

Harvey wanted in on the fun too.

That night she was soaked. Haha. But the day went pretty good. We spent some time outside. She was doing great with the peeing. Not great at telling me but would go if I asked. I'm pretty sure we had a poop accident that day? I'm forgetting now that it's been a few weeks.


I really didn't take too many pictures of the whole process. So I'll just kind of give a general overview of my feelings and her progress. She has never had an accident at nap time. And only one other time did she wet the bed since starting this. I think that was because I didn't hear her early enough in the morning and she went while she was awake. My bad. She's had several poop accidents. She did pretty good the first few days/week, but now it seems like she's regressing and being scared of going. So it takes a lot of coaxing which is frustrating for all involved parties. She will go and I'm still trying to figure out the magic motivator. We did little dollar toys every time she went and that worked good but we are about out of those. Now it's getting to use my phone, which you would think would be a lot more motivating than it has been. Oh well. She is pretty good now at actually telling me when she needs to go rather than me having to ask all the time. But that can be different day to day. She really has done AMAZING and I need to remember she's still only 2.5 and has only been at this a few weeks, so continued patience is a must. But It's so weird to not have her in diapers. It was so bizarre the first week. I love her little bum in undies. It's so cute. She seems so much bigger now. Growing right up and turning into a very funny and spunky gal. We love it. And even though I'm sad and had moments of wanting her back in diapers to keep her feeling younger, I am happy to only have one baby in diapers - mostly not paying for them is quite nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment