Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Pioneer Day fun

We did a little pre-pioneer day celebrating by going to the Handcart Days parade in Bountiful on Friday. We'd never been to that parade and weren't sure how crazy it was going to be. It started at 6. I took the kids down around lunch time to stake out a spot. The entire route of the parade was covered in blankets and chairs. I'm glad we went early. To try and not make it just a drive down and back (had to get back for naps), we stopped at a park to play for a short bit. 






Tanner got home and we headed down. We got Café Rio take out and ate on the grass while we waited. Just before it started we noticed a little driveway across the street that was uninhabited and so we went there to get more front row seats - which was a huge plus because then the sun wasn't blazing into our eyes. And someone who was on the grass near there said they didn't need that much space so then we had grass/curb seats. It was perfect.



Not a great angle for me but cute family selfie :)



They had actually quite a few really cool floats, that we learned were in the Days of 47 Parade in Salt Lake too. So that was fun we got some bonus cool.
There was no shortage of candy.






I don't remember what she saw coming down the road, but she was excited about it!




Lottie was a gem. She loved it. She kept pointing and giggling and tipping her head back to look up at me and laugh.











I think we made out with more candy than at Halloween. It was so fun. I thought anyway. In the car Harvey said he "kind of" had fun and Greta said she didn't have fun. Such liars. They totally loved it. 
We decided to go to a Bee's game on actual Pioneer Day with Tanner's family. While we were waiting for the girls to wake up to go, Harvey gave me a makeover. These are really precious pictures of me but I wanted to remember it. He told me I had to promise to keep all these bows in my hair for the game. Except I didn't (didn't promise). And then I didn't keep them all in. Oops. 







The game was pretty fun. It was hot as can be. But luckily our seats were always shaded. The Bee's got killed and it was SLOW. And Lottie was difficult. She didn't want to sit still in a chair for that long. So that was rough - and it was late and she was tired. But the other kids seemed to have a lot of fun. And then we did survive till fireworks after and all the kids, and Tanner and I really enjoyed those.




We tried to get Greta to get a picture with him and she was good heading that way until it was just too close and then she freaked. Maybe next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment