Sunday, July 8, 2018

4th of July festivities

We got a good solid 3 days worth of celebrating for the 4th of July. Monday the 2nd we went to the Eaglewood golf course for a car show and food from food trucks and running around with cousins. There were way more cars, and way more cool cars than I was expecting. I guess I don't go to car shows that often. I had a lot of fun. I think everyone did.



She didn't have fun when I made her sit here.


I got them all dressed cute the morning of the 3rd because we were going to Eaglewood again for the fireworks. They all looked so dang cute I needed to take a picture just in case I never got them all together cooperating again. It couldn't have turned out more perfect. Love.
She was monkeying around in the kitchen while I made cookies. And I included the picture of the cookies I made because I think the picture turned out cool, the cookies turned out cute and they were quite delicious.


I love this tradition. This is the third year we've come. I was sad my parents couldn't come but Kathryn and Laura and her fam did and we sat by Carson and Nat and Nat's fam again and it's just fun. I love sitting out there. The kids play so good independently, running around and playing in the sand traps. It's just so festive and fun and I love it. The huge deterring factor is the traffic getting out. It takes FOREVER to get down the hill after it's all done. Such a pain. And tired grumpy kids with meltdowns in the car. Well, Greta and Harvey. But more importantly is that it's super fun. I played frisbee with Kathryn which was so fun and bumped around a volleyball with Laura which I loved. And just snacked and ate and enjoyed the evening.



These pics are so cute of Tanner and Lottie.








Cutest little cousins.

Greta being silly.






Wrong holiday pjs.
All the kids did really good with the fireworks. Greta sat for the first few minutes in the stroller so excited and yelling and loving it. Then she got bored and just wandered around. Harvey sat and watched them in Tanner's lap and fell asleep halfway through. Lottie seemed to enjoy them but she was just past her end point and got pretty fussy, so I watched them standing up with her. Still so great.
I worked on the 4th during the day. Afterwords I met everyone up at Clare and Berries. They had BBQed some lobster tails and had a delicious spread. It was delicious and so fun and different to eat :) Then we played in the pool for a bit. I got in for a little while until Lottie was done. Lots of late nights. It was catching up to everyone. But the pool felt so good and it was so fun.


Then we enjoyed the millions of fireworks going off ALL around our house for the next hour or so. Apparently we didn't have as many sparklers as we thought - each of them did 2. Haha. But they both did really good. I thought Greta would be scared. Some close neighbors bought at TON of fireworks and so we watched them launch all of there's for awhile. And we had a great view of the one's going off at the city park. We missed some lower flying ones but overall - we saw most of them. And there were a lot of really cool, unique ones. Eagle Ridge is cool and long but I feel like they don't have too many unique or fancy ones. Layton shot off a ton of star shaped ones during the finale and it was so cool. And there were no crowds to fight when it was over - just a nice walk into the house and straight to bed.








It was all worth all the late nights and grumpy kids. I think we are mostly recovered. I really did have a few profound moments over the few days of how grateful I am for our freedom. Sorry to be cheesy, but it really is an amazing blessing to live in America. We have a great life and I'm so happy and grateful for all the blessings we have because we are American.

No comments:

Post a Comment