Monday, July 6, 2020

4th of July

I should title this more the 5th of July. 4th of July was kind of a bust. On the 4th I got irritated with kids needing things while I worked on this puzzle most of the day. Haha. I was inappropriately grumpy which is a shame. And I worked that night. (the puzzle was really fun. Probably my first ever >1000 piecer. It was 1500). Anyway, the real fun with the 5th. 

We had a bbq at our house. Tanner made a deliciously perfect pork butt and we had pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, green salad, fruit, chips, etc etc. My parent's came and Laura and her family came. Heather was there for a little bit too. And I invited my friend Ariana...which I can't remember if she's been mentioned before. I met her in the ER with her mom. They are from Venezuela and I offered my number to her hoping we could chat in Spanish sometimes. We've texted a lot back and forth. She just got married about a month ago. I had her and her mom over for dinner once when Tanner was unfortunately out of town. It was fun and cool but kind of hectic and stressful. Kids were a little nutty and my Spanish is nowhere near where I want it to be. But this time her and her husband (Francisco, who speaks English quite well), her mom Yolaima and her dad Ernesto all came. It was a lot less stressful and more people helping with non understood Spanish, coming from either end :) It made me happy they came. I love speaking and learning another language and I'm pretty obsessed with Spanish right now. I honestly could study it 6 hours a day if I literally could. Dang dishes and kids and work etc. Ha...jk. But for real I wish I could study it so much more. I'm so anxious to be more comfortable speaking. Hopefully someday. 






Tanner spent a good chunk on some fireworks and so did my dad. We had a great show, with ample protective measures in place. No catastrophe's this year. There was some awesome ones! I had such a fun day! I think everyone else enjoyed themselves as well. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment