Sunday, July 12, 2020

Ruth Lake

Our second annual Ruth Lake trip! With Tanner and mom! Yay! It was sooo fun! And we took a million pictures. I think I have twice as many pictures from this 24 hour period compared to our 3 day camping trip to Fish Lake. We just saw so many different beautiful scenes that begged to be photographed! The kids did SO much better this year than last. We almost considered bringing Lottie but she is still not fully potty trained and we just decided it would be far easier to not have her. My sister Laura was a saint and agreed to have her overnight and then a neighbor girl watched her for a few hours on Saturday afternoon. She had a great time too :) 









Gosh. All of this! Isn't it just perfection!?!? So many wildflowers and the weather was perfect. Bugs weren't too bad during the day. But they got pretty obnoxious in the evening. 



She had to have a pic where Harvey did too.











The hike is only like a mile. And we got there in about half the time it took us to last year. I guess a year of growth makes a difference. We brought Bogey too and he was a trooper of a hiker. He seemed to love it! He did great the whole time really. 

Our same campsite from last year was vacant! Hooray!

Grety and I shared a tent and Harvey and Tanner were in another. 
Views from camp.



Life. Is. Good!!!



The spam man!





Mom and Dad's tent


Colder than it looks. Last year neither my dad or I got in the water. And I was kind of disappointed in us. It was pretty warm outside but kind of windy. But I decided to go for it anyway. Didn't last long. I had to stay in for several minutes longer for Tanner to power on his camera. Eek. 

We got Harvey loaded up with a fishing pole. We had a lot of issues with tangles at first but then he seemed to get the hang of it. Still a few tangles along the way but he was getting some pretty good casts. He loved it and pretty much wanted to be down at the lake the whole time. We need to learn a few things about fishing because we know nothing and I want to help him and get him to be able to catch fish! 








This hammock made a great swing. 

We did a lot of pocket sawing. It was exhausting labor. 






We walked up to Hayden Lake before dinner. It was lovely. 
She kept needing to pose. 


"I'm a mermaid!"









Dinner prep. 



These two were being sooo cute on this thing. I think only one fell out during the whole time we had it out. And I think it was Greta. 



More sawing. I tried helping Tanner with a log he had propped up...I was half standing on the end on a different log and then when he sawed threw it it fell and then I collapsed and threw food everywhere. Kind of funny. My mom caught it a bit on camera ;) 

All is well. I'm good. And my bra is almost dry. haha

After we ate we walked around the lake with the kids. OH MY HECK. The sunset was PERFECTION! We got some great pictures and had a lot of fun too!
Doesn't get better then this!

Or this.






Harvey and I tried our hand the next morning at fishing. Still no luck. But some fun continue conversation about Mario Smash Bros. Haha. Such a fun, cool kid. 

My mom and Greta and I walked up to Naomi Lake. Holy wildflower gloriousness. 

Where's Waldo...I mean Wendy?








Then the kids took the grandparents for a walk around the lake. 






Getting loaded up and Bogey found a nice shady spot between the packs. We wore him out!






And a few from Laura :) The goal is to get Harvey a bigger pack next year and take everyone. I'd like to stay 2 nights at Ruth's and then the next year maybe try to go a little further. And a few times. For a few nights. I HOPE with all my heart my kids learn to love this form of exercise and getting out. It will be a great way to get away from crowds! (not at Ruth Lake but it's a perfect training ground!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment