Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Arizona

I don't think I'll keep posting many pics of Arizona, but now after having gone down for 3 months, I have a few pics and thought I'd post a few of them and thoughts. It's all kind of crazy what we are doing right now and figure we'll want to remember some of it :) 
I first flew into Yuma and rented a car from a kid that leaves a car at the hotel. That first stretch was rough. I'm doing nights - 6pm to 6am. And it was so foreign and different and busy and hard. I hated it so much the first stretch. Swapping sleep schedules has been really hard so  one day I took some pills and didn't have an alarm set and slept 2 hours into my shift and caused ALL manner of chaos and commotion. The car broke down while I was using it. Using Uber the rest of the week was a huge pain. It was rough. But each time I go down it gets a little more comfortable and better. It's cool flying over the Grand Canyon :) 


They pay for us to stay in this hotel. It's becoming like a second home. Ha. Getting lots of hotel points so that's nice. 
This is the car that I borrowed/rented from Scott for like 2 days. 



Continental breakfast at the hotel. I used to eat when I got off, but now I grab food and put it in the fridge and eat it when I wake up. 
Fun face times with the kids :) 
Using a machete to cut weeds and got a little wild with it and hit himself in the neck. 
Cute little dog for one of my uber trips. I took this picture and apparently didn't get my phone back in my bag and left it in the car. THAT was a huge pain to work out and get back. 


This was my favorite ride. I started flying to Phoenix and then just renting a car there because the flights into Yuma are wonky and don't get in early enough. The drive isn't bad. I like it - it's not a busy drive and I get to listen to podcasts - church, spanish, etc. and whatever else. Talk on the phone. Listen to music and then bam, I'm there. 
Gun shot wound. 
I don't even know. A SUPER sick young lady. Sepsis, major organ failure. Air in the mediastinum. Wild. 


I get super bad travelers constipation, so that first time I was there I ended up driving to Target once and walking twice once the car broke down. Needing assistance and then starting my period. Ha. So much more convenient having a car!
I try not to eat out much so I try to load up on healthy groceries while I'm there. The mini fridge doesn't hold much though.

Fun shopping spree at Ross. All that for $100. Love it. 

I've gone to the Spanish Branch down there a few times now. I love it. I wish I understood more. But my Spanish is improving a lot being able to use it so much there. They've had me play the piano a couple times in sacrament because they don't have a pianist. 
Yucky. 

I don't know if I took a picture of my 2nd car. I can't even remember what it was. I didn't like it. This Toyota Corolla was fun. 
I usually stop in Gila Bend because it's kind of halfway. This picture on the bathroom stall made me laugh. 




I have done a few of my Spanish online lessons with my friend Estefania that I met through Italki. I accidentally hit like 20 minutes for my food instead of 2 and didn't realize the microwave was still going (sounded like the AC) until after about 12 minutes. Dehydrated nasty breakfast. That I'm stupid and still ate because I was hungry and didn't want to go find something else.
This last trip I took some time to soak and scrub my feet a few times. I had some pretty roughed up heels so that was fun. 

It definitely feels crazy that we are doing this. Lots of things I like. The time off, the money, the Spanish, the challenge. But so much that is hard. Busy, long shifts and doing 10 in a row is SO long and hard. And I hate not being home for that long. But we're gonna keep going with it for the time being and see how it goes. It's nice that they are still paying for my flights and car for now. So we are grateful for the opportunity and the experience. And I guess at any time if me, kids or Tanner decides it's too much, we will try something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment