Friday, March 9, 2018

Swim Day

Harvey's first time swimming as at about 2 months old. Or maybe even less actually. It was at a pool in Bismarck. I think Greta went about that early too. Or not too much later. Lottie's first time was today. Last year Laura and I went a handful of times to the Bountiful Rec center and it was nice because we only had 3 kids between us. Now having 3 littles by myself and her having 2, there's no way I was gonna try to take them all swimming by myself. We didn't get Cherry Hill passes this year because I didn't think I could do all 3 safely by myself. So we wouldn't make it enough to make it worth it. Heather had said she'd want to go with us swimming sometime and we were finally able to make it happen. Austin came too. And it was still mildly challenging even with 3 big people to 3 kids. Haha. Harvey just jumps right in before we are really even ready. He's really good with his puddle jumper on. He kept Austin busy while Heather and I played with the girls in the more shallow part. Lottie was NOT a fan at first but eventually got used to the water and then loved it and was happy and splashing and adorable. Greta was having a blast too. Playing with some of the toys I got and then climbing up the little feature they had there and splashing up there. We got her to try the small slide once and after that she was hooked. She wandered around and climbed up the stairs and went down by herself a dozen times. Harvey loved that little slide too. He was even excited to go down the big yellow one and after the first time said he had to do it again. The second time he didn't want me holding onto his arms - he insisted on howling and holding them up the whole way down. It was SO much fun. The kids were so cute and happy and it was just an exceptionally fun time! Heather was the photographer - another perk of having extra hands! We don't usually get too many fun pics. I'm glad this day is documented :)









 Harvey going headfirst down the smaller slide.
Heather took Greta down the big slide. She didn't want to do it again but if you can zoom in on these, you'll see she's all smiles!



 The first moments of her in the pool. Not a fan yet.

 Getting better :)









 We couldn't quite get her to look at the camera or to smile. Too many distractions elsewhere. But I still think all of these turned out so cute.
 I love her profile. Those cheeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment