Saturday, September 29, 2018

Tahoe part 4

Last day and drive home day. Sad. We kept it pretty mellow. How mellow and awesome is this picture!? I love it. 
I also love this picture of my mom and dad. They are the best. It was so awesome of them (my mom, really) to plan this trip and include us and want to be with us for my dad's birthday. It got a little hectic and crazy with all the littles and they probably could have enjoyed a much more relaxing vacation anywhere (or even in Tahoe), but they love us :) And we love them. They are such great examples to me of service and unselfishness and love, in our family, in their marriage and all parts of their life. I'm lucky to have been raised by them.

While babies napped, we decided to go on some more geocaching adventures. There were quite a few spots in a close radius but we only ended up trying two. We had success at the first one and not success at the other one, but the wandering was SOOO worth it. Above the neighborhood we were staying at there was this wooded area with a whole slew of trails all over the place. It was so cool.









Harvey had fun being in charge of the GPS.

We came across this fun little swing and fort or something along the way.











Some darling little individual posers and a silly group pic :)





We had weird nap stuff going on. Babies slept but then Greta and Logan REALLY needed a nap so we let them nap and then by the time they woke up the babies needed naps again. We promised kids some mini golf. My mom volunteered to stay with sleepers so we could go. So nice - especially since they didn't really sleep and there was a lot more crying than there should have been. Dang it. But mini golf was fun. Kids lost interest in real attempts at golfing pretty soon and Harvey did the whole course by himself in about 10 minutes. Haha. My dad won between he, Laura and I. It was fun.








Laura's hole in one! (my dad got one too. I did not).


Mostly the features just made for a fun playground.






I had wanted to go to a lake just south of where we were staying and hike a little around that lake on the Pacific Crest Trail. We were going to in the afternoon, after mini golf, but everything just took a little longer and it was our last night and it just didn't work out to fit it in. Which is fine. I would love to go back to vacation here again. It really was such a beautiful place. So fun to explore several beaches, get a few hikes in, play with the kids and just be together and make great memories - thoroughly documented by pictures :)
The next morning we packed up and headed out a little later than on our way there. We left just after 9. Got home about 9. We stopped for lunch in Winnemucca again - McDonalds, more toys and a play place. The kids did pretty good this way too. Way better than I was expecting. It was really nice to get home though and the kids were so cute seeing Tanner. He needs to come next time!














No comments:

Post a Comment