Friday, September 7, 2018

Utah State Fair

We almost didn't make it this year. The only day that was good for everyone to go was the same day as my uncle's funeral and I was very worried about the kids and their lack of good naps because of that. But we decided it was our only chance and wanted to go with my parents and Laura etc, so we made it happen. I'm so glad we did. We had a great time. The kids were great and loved it. And the pictures are all out of order, but it's more work than I'm willing to put into it right now to make sure they are perfectly chronological :) 




My Aunt Susan was in town for the funeral and she came with us, which was fun. Hopefully for her too - definitely a different experience with all the chaos of little people.







Love her face.




Found this green coffin and got excited about it. I got all the DL for green burial's and as awesome as it sounds, it's really not too much less than a regular funeral and everything. I was pretty disappointed by that. Still love the concept, but I hate the idea of paying almost 10 grand or more to die. So lame.




Checking out the queen bee and all her crony's.







This is a big ticket item for the little kids and gets a lot of pictures all in and of itself. Fun little walk through where you take care of animals and plant and earn some "money" for all the hard work and spoils, and get to purchase a treat at the end.






















My mom submitted the quilts she made for Lottie and Clara and she won blue ribbons on both of them! She's amazing!


The only down side of going to the fair is we got suckered into a $500 purchase. Haha. I was so excited because we got discount tickets and then walked away with this. Although I'm not really sad about it. I've always wanted a vita mix. My blender was kind of taking a turn for the worse and we use them a lot and this is the blender of all blenders. It's dreamy. Definitely a successful fair day all around. Till next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment