Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Super Hero Hop

Harvey wanted to go running with me once and I told him he could go with me after I got back. He ran 3 times around our block and was all over it. We went to the track a few times and he was all about doing it himself and getting the laps in. So I found a little kids race that was coming up in a few weeks. I thought that was the perfect amount of time to train and also not lose interest. The Super Hero Hop was a fundraiser for preventing child abuse in Ogden. It was at Weber State and was the Saturday before Easter. They had a 5k that Heather ended up deciding to do with me 5 minutes before the start and a 3/4 mile for the kids. Harvey was so excited and I was so proud of his dedication just with training. As soon as we got there Lottie made it about 10 feet before she heard music and had to stop and dance. She pretty much just danced the whole time with the dinosaur. Never got too close, but it was pretty dang cute!


You can kind of see Heather and I at the start. It was a hard course! Lots more hills than I was expecting but 


Her hands in the air in this picture kill me.
She found a little friend. She started following her around for a little while like a little puppy and kept standing right next to her. So cute.







Harvey's turn finally!
I LOVED watching him do this. Right when the start was you could see the excitement and adrenaline kick in and he took off! It was an out and back - he zipped down the hill. Greta wanted to run too, so I was kind of running behind him with Greta. He had decided he did want me to go with him but Greta was holding me back. So halfway down the hill I called Heather to come be with Greta so I could help him stay strong on the way back. It worked out for the best.
He started getting pretty tired going up the hill. And a few times slowed down and almost was going to stop. I tried to keep him going but then these two little kids - wonder woman and turtle man were right with him. Every time one passed him, he'd speed up and it was kind of amazing to see his determination and drive to stay in front. 
Even more evident in this picture of him checking out the competition and making sure he's out front. Love it. He did cross before them. And I including the whole sequence of pictures the race took - all have his tongue out. Haha. He definitely gave it his all and I was seriously beaming. I love this kid!


And then he pounded two donuts :) 
Our great cheer squad! Loved having my mom and Heather there too! Tanner had a golf tournament that day so it was nice to have some extra hands and it was just FUN! Hopefully I have lots more races with my little buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment