Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Mom and Harvey date

Oh man. I had SOOO much fun with this one. I don't know who these little dates are better for...the kids or us. It's so special and perfect and fun and happy to just have some one on one time with them - to be able to completely focus on them with no distractions. Harvey picked the kangaroo zoo and we were running out of time to squeeze it into September. I worked a lot the week we went and so I ended up surprising him on Monday by checking him out of school a couple of hours early so we could squeeze it in. He was surprised and happy and so excited. We played at the place for about 2.5 hours and I was DEAD by the end. He kept wanting to race through an obstacle course one and up a ladder and down a slide and then up a different ladder and down a different slide. It was fun but sooo exhausting. And then we played chase around the whole building and tag and hide and seek and LOTS of arcade games (Jurassic Park was the fave).  This was a GOOD day. 







This was an accidental picture, obviously...but it actually makes me pretty happy. I was trying to squeeze myself through some tiny thing and get away from Harvey and I couldn't fit and we were both laughing so hard and it just is a happy memory.











This is kind of a dumb thing to add because it probably will sound obnoxious or snotty or braggy or something. But I had been running around all over with Harvey and we went back up to the counter to get some more money on our arcade card and the lady told me that her mom was here and had said to her that I was the best mom, just running around all over with him. And the next time Harvey was up with me, she  said to him that he had the best mom! (They were sooo nice and also gave us extra token stuff on our cards). And I'm not saying that to brag at all but so often I feel like I'm sucking as a mom and don't have the capacity to do the MORE that I know I HAVE to do and so end up always feeling defeated. I did feel like a superstar for those few hours and it was nice to feel like I did a good job. And I hope it was as special to Harvey as it was to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment