Tuesday, July 5, 2022

4th of July

This was SUCH a fun weekend. I forget sometimes just how much I love the 4th of July. Tanner's friend called last minute saying he was in town so he and Harvey went golfing that morning.  

That night we kept with a mostly yearly and very favorite tradition - fireworks at Bountiful Ridge. I love it. Goes by too fast, I say. Kids had a great time and the fireworks were great. Not quite as great as I remember them in the first couple years we went, but still a perfectly happy evening all around. I love going mostly for the hanging out/playing before fireworks, even.



I do not know what kind of smile and neck is happening here.










These bubbles were a pretty big hit! Thanks Ben for bringing those.



















And Heather was cool Aunt and brought all the glow sticks! Always a hit!













Had a little fire break out - spread pretty quick before the truck got to it. 

We were so patriotic for church!

They are the dang cutest.





I was scheduled to work the 4th but someone needed a switch and apparently wanted a Friday with his kid more than the 4th so he was willing to take that day for me and I am so so so happy and grateful he did! We had such a good day. 
That morning, Heather and I got up at the butt crack and went and hiked Malan's. It was a perfect way to start the day and was so fun and so hard. 

I don't think I've ever had a good picture on top. Always so windy!







We got back and Tanner and I and the kids went to the North Ogden parade. It was HOT, but great. The parade was fun and not terribly long. Not as much candy as I was expecting, but the kids got plenty and seemed to have fun.







Then on to a BBQ at Carson and Nat's.



Then pizza and fireworks at Layton. THAT was a good firework display. Soooo amazing. And so fun. I do love fireworks.











It was a JAM packed weekend of so much fun. So great to celebrate living in this free country with all the people we love the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment